ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harpham's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why is the small plate so high up on the fiesta? Surely it should fill the red bar part?

Oh and lols at choosing a ph1 over a new ST, you guys utterly mental?

The lower edge of the 'mesh' grille has a smooth recess element to it for plate mounting...the grille would likely look a little odd if that were left and the plate mounted on the coloured bumper only.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The lower edge of the 'mesh' grille has a smooth recess element to it for plate mounting...the grille would likely look a little odd if that were left and the plate mounted on the coloured bumper only.

Was thinking that mate.

Why is the small plate so high up on the fiesta? Surely it should fill the red bar part?

Oh and lols at choosing a ph1 over a new ST, you guys utterly mental?
As Mark said, it's the recess in the grille. Gutted its designed like that, as a small plate covering just the red would've been perfect. Think it looks pretty wicked like that anyways.

The ST is a world apart from any Clio i've driven.

Just ordered some plain & smaller plates. The one and only "mod" that'll be happening. ;)

I was planning on giving it a clean & seal up this afternoon, but it's far too cold & windy to make it a success.

clio 182 trophy
Just ordered some plain & smaller plates. The one and only "mod" that'll be happening. ;)

I was planning on giving it a clean & seal up this afternoon, but it's far too cold & windy to make it a success.

The only mod? What about the 215 map?:approve:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
How misleading and dishonest is that?!?

It says for that money you'll get a 45bhp gain...because they're saying as standard it has 180bhp. LOL at spending that much money to get an unwarranted 25bhp when less almost exactly half gets you 15bhp with an intact warranty.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Does the Mountune state a 15bhp increase for £600 out of interest?

TBH I wouldn't market it as that seen as ford them selves advertise the car with 180bhp don't they?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mountune's MP215 promotional graph...200PS vs 215PS

Attachments

• st_215_power.jpg
    st_215_power.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 107
Just received my clean & smaller plates. Yeah, I think I got a bit too excited and went far too small.
I'll give them a week. If they don't grow on me, standard plates will go back on.

I'll hopefully be giving it a clean tomorrow and quick seal up, to cover me for the rest of winter.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I learned that lesson before. You only made the front plate smaller though so £10 for a new one is no biggy.

Oh and lol at that GGR stuff!

I learned that lesson before. You only made the front plate smaller though so £10 for a new one is no biggy.

The rear is slightly smaller, which I think I can get away with.
It's the recess on the front that ruins it. Looks ok in the photo, where you can't see the groove in the grill, but doesn't look great in person. Ahh well.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looks nice in red. Amazing the difference in size between the fiesta and phase 1
:eek:

Fiesta ST-2
My order has gone through today.

Fiesta st2 in spirit blue with st style pack :D

Not due in the suppliers till the 7th July :dapprove:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Saw a white one at sainsburys earlier, with the darker wheels it looked stunning! I know white has been done to death but it'd be white for me!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just had a rude boi 'drop a cog and do me' in one, the same red as yours, looked good and sounded nice too! Only being let down by the driver doing several Ali G finger whips at me when we pulled up at the lights! (I was in my birds fiat 500, Noddy)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Just an opinion. Its probably a brilliant car, everything you read has nothing but praise. But I'll never buy one because they just don't look good!

Enjoy!

+1 Does absolutely nothing for me

Still OP, enjoy :)

Just finished giving it it's first ever wash and seal up to cope through the rest of winter.

I'm 300 miles in and loving every second. Discovering new things about it all the time too lol.
Considering the lack of miles, there was quite a bit of tar & iron on the paintwork. All I've done is got rid of that, layer of Tripple and then AF Desire. That'll suffice for a couple months.

It was funny to look over the car. Considering the dealer didn't wash it upon arrival, there were some funny places for swirls. Around both door handles were a few swirls, the odd mark here & there from transport I imagine and few patches of swirls, but the confusing bit... Just the spoiler is absolutely covered in swirls . I imagine something happened in transport?! Lol

Either way, this car is everything I imagined it to be. I haven't found any negatives about it yet. So much fun.

nu6adane.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Bare in mind they're hand build and have to be wiped down at some point.

Martin's SB one was too bad but the iron cones from the transportation. Always the same. You should see the white ones!

I did a 125mile old Ibis A3 Sline, 1 litre of IX later.

Yeah, it's not really an issue. Just found it interesting that the spoiler is covered in swirls, but no other whole panel is like that, just the odd patches here & there.
Also spotted my rear arches have already got a few stones chips :( . Going to look into that clear sticker stuff for the arches and under the side skirts to protect them.

Thought id update the thread, as i've just gone over 1000 miles, so the run in period is complete. ;)

I've started to push the car a little more this past week. Had the rear twitching the other day. It's so much fun to throw around corners. You can tell when the ESP (or whatever it's called) comes into play and tries to correct things lol. Never failing to bring a smile, which is awesome.

I did my first long journey in it today, down to Silverstone (I ran a half marathon, not a track day unfortunately) - 80miles each way. On the way down, I just whacked it on cruise control at 70 and chilled out, as I was in no rush. I hate motorway driving anyway, but having cruise on made it so boring lol. Averaged 40mpg.
On the flip side, on the way home, I kept it off cruise and seeing as it ticked over the 1k mark, completing it's run in period, thought id drive it a little harder. It's weird how sitting at 90 gives better mpg figures than at 80. Much more fun just revving it that little more, hearing the turbo. Averaged 41mpg on the way back weirdly, so driving faster gives better economy ;) lol. Once off the M1, I took it up to the redline for the first time (shameful it's taken this long, I know, but i'm playing by the book!). It goes well haha. Loved it. Feels much quicker than the Clio.

The satnav option was a good shout, as that is pretty awesome! Shouting up when the potential of traffic may slow the journey down too.
Still keep finding new features with it too. Seems to have loads of little touches that make it more awesome.

Absolutely loving it. Everything is awesome!! I do miss the Clio now, but this is definitely a massive step above it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Thought id update the thread, as i've just gone over 1000 miles, so the run in period is complete. ;)

I've started to push the car a little more this past week. Had the rear twitching the other day. It's so much fun to throw around corners. You can tell when the ESP (or whatever it's called) comes into play and tries to correct things lol. Never failing to bring a smile, which is awesome.

I did my first long journey in it today, down to Silverstone (I ran a half marathon, not a track day unfortunately) - 80miles each way. On the way down, I just whacked it on cruise control at 70 and chilled out, as I was in no rush. I hate motorway driving anyway, but having cruise on made it so boring lol. Averaged 40mpg.
On the flip side, on the way home, I kept it off cruise and seeing as it ticked over the 1k mark, completing it's run in period, thought id drive it a little harder. It's weird how sitting at 90 gives better mpg figures than at 80. Much more fun just revving it that little more, hearing the turbo. Averaged 41mpg on the way back weirdly, so driving faster gives better economy ;) lol. Once off the M1, I took it up to the redline for the first time (shameful it's taken this long, I know, but i'm playing by the book!). It goes well haha. Loved it. Feels much quicker than the Clio.

The satnav option was a good shout, as that is pretty awesome! Shouting up when the potential of traffic may slow the journey down too.
Still keep finding new features with it too. Seems to have loads of little touches that make it more awesome.

Absolutely loving it. Everything is awesome!! I do miss the Clio now, but this is definitely a massive step above it.

Glad you're enjoying it.

As for CC. It uses more fuel on CC than the equivalent speed using your foot.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I am really warming to these and i would consider one after the Type R.

4 doors and the same/if not more power after the map.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol your enjoying it then! Lol lots of 'awesome' and 'loving it'! But I totally agree they really are. There faster on the road easily due to FI, but it's so responsive.
Ive been smoking around in a MK1 focus ghia for 6 months so this feels like an absolute weapon, so much so that I'm finding the ST a bit to darty. It's having it's detail in the morning so I will check the tyre pressures, no doubt they will be wrong!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You take much more care than me waiting over 1k miles to go to redline lol. Mine would of seen redline from day 1 haha!