ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone done this to 1.2 TCe??

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
OK, obviously I have a 1.2 TCe (clio). I want to get more grunt out of it and was wondering if anyone had done these and seen decent gains, I know mapping and exhausts work but not sure about the rest:

Re-map
Exhaust (including de-cat)
larger intercooler with a re-jig of the pipes to make it width of car and straight into inlet manifold for better flowing.
172/182 injectors
Port match throttle body to manifold to head to exhaust manifold to turbo to CAT.
Panel air filter

Thats all off top my head, any info from experience or not would be appreciated and any suggestions to get even more power from it would be cool too.

​Cheers everyone!

RS Clio 200
Hi mate!

i have a Twingo GT with same engine and to answer your question ... Yes!

would go with a custom exhaust system with decat (K-Tec also do a system!),
panel filter, 172/182 injectors, remap and as for the intercooler, I don't think you can buy a fmic kit from anywhere yet but getting a custom one is a possibility!

From memory I'm sure with all these things done people were seeing around 140'ish bhp!

p.s I have a set of 182 injectors for sale that I bought from a guy on twingo oc and I never got round to using them :D

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Cheers! Dont suppose you know how hard it is to make it fit, I know how to fit the turbo to a TCe but thats not gonna be a straight replacement.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Another Italian tCe hit over 230hp but that was a stupidly high roller build.

I've always been impressed with them in standard form so a remap to up the boost with new jets and a proper FMIC alone should see good results over standard.

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Yeah i know people can hit quite high power without doing much more than injectors, cat back and a remap so..... ive got some saving and thinking to do but ill probably go for what ive listed as everything else looks expensive and could be potentially unreliable, i want as much bhp as i can get without losing the excellent mpg and driveability.

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
not fussed for 50+ just mid 30's will do, dont want to put a stupidly big turbo on to throw loads of fuel at it to watch it do less than 20. As for sell it and buy a diesel, I want to want to drive it, not have to.

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
i know theyre not slow driven loads but like you say theres something about a tiny engine and a tiny turbo screaming lol puts a grin on my face anyway, want it to go more and still drive well

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
remaps transform them they are mapped as standard to feel as close to an n/a as possible and you will hardly tell they are turbo charged when you drive one, drive a mapped one and you know all about it! my twingo took off like a scalded cat at 2000rpm!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
miles more fun, I like DCI's as you know id love another dci100 or GT 106 if I needed to do miles again with work but Twingo GT's are epic fun with a few mods, ive driven a few mapped Clio TCe's and they are alright but not as much of a giggle as the twingo, any gear as long as you were over 2000rpm it flew!

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
i think they are massive fun even standard theyre a laugh. Yeah twingo is more fun especially with just rev gauge in front of you always wants to go round to 5k+. not a fast car but not an expensive car to run, only reason i have clio is bigger car.

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
thats it then, ill do whats in the list possibly without a de-cat because of ball acche to fit for MOT and see what happens.