ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone got got Flocked/Alcantara trim?

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

Looking into doing some work on the interior of my 182 and this has always appealed to me!

For example, Alcantara trimmed gear gaiter, flocked dash, flocked roof lining etc. (The roof lining doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the car, I already have some flocked A pillars bought from the for sale section)

Has anyone done this themselves and if so do you have any pictures? Ideally something I quite fancy doing myself as a bit of a project. If this is insanely hard and im getting myself into something I will regret please do tell me :p

Thanks guys,

Joe

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I have both a-pillars and handbrake cover in alcantara, the a-pillars make a big difference I think, it's once you get them you realise how cheap the s**t plastic ones Renault put in are.

The problem is, when you start making up for the bits where Renault skimped, you get to the next bit, so you get the a-pillars sorted, then it's the headlining, so you get that sorted and then it's the courtesy light surround, it just goes on...

Mk5 Golf Gti
I have both a-pillars and handbrake cover in alcantara, the a-pillars make a big difference I think, it's once you get them you realise how cheap the s**t plastic ones Renault put in are.

The problem is, when you start making up for the bits where Renault skimped, you get to the next bit, so you get the a-pillars sorted, then it's the headlining, so you get that sorted and then it's the courtesy light surround, it just goes on...

Well I was missing an A pillar and a pair of Flocked ones came up so i snapped them up and to be honest, its made such a difference and is actually what is inspiring me to do more.

Have you got any pictures of yours mate? I don't mind doing it at all, after all it is my little project! Where do you buy the materials etc? :)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
have a look at my build thread, I have full flocked dash, handbrake surround, gear surround, A pillars, steering cowl, rear view mirror
For the price I paid it was not worth trying to do it myself as I would not have got as good finish.

Mk5 Golf Gti
have a look at my build thread, I have full flocked dash, handbrake surround, gear surround, A pillars, steering cowl, rear view mirror
For the price I paid it was not worth trying to do it myself as I would not have got as good finish.

Hi mate could you pop me a link to your build thread in here? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it all?

I noticed earlier there is a company that sell the dash already flocked on eBay unsure of quality but they start the bidding at £70

Westfield
Got some bits off of symtechsales on eBay and the newly flocked items were nice quality the second hand flocked items not so much so ask if they are new and if so I'd recommend.