ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone ordered a replacement key fob from renault?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I lost one of my keys, so need a new one as a spare. Ive seen it can cost in excess of 150 pounds to get a new key and programmed. Is there any cheaper alternatives? I've seen someone selling the key plip for £50, so this would require I only need to get it programmed....any ideas guys as I dont like running the risk of losing my remaining key.

Thanks!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i lost one of my keys... so i just had one cut for 5 pounds (wont start the car).

If i ever lost my plipper one, i am going to take the cut key to renault and have one made/programmed when i need one.
just an idea?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Just wondering if its worth me buying the pip from someone on the cheap (genuine pip) rather than Renault and then asking them to program that as a cheaper alternative? Id rather two keys that both started the car to be honest for peace of mind.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
you can source plips and blades on ebay however when i did it i found them to be really scarse.

The plips can only be programmed onces aswell so it would need to be a brand new one. renault charge 50 quid for programming i think. it only takes half hour but they ask for the car all day

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A mate of mine had to.

From Renault too.

£170 odd... LOL

Key from France. Plip sender and then a half-hour's charge to tie it with your UCH.

you can buy a coded fob only , no remote part , will start the car but not do central locking , handy for emergencies , only about 15 incvat from renault , does not have to be programmed to the car , but you will have buy a blade to go in it.
cheap and handy.
also dont buy a plip off ebay unless they will offer refund if it doesnt work for car , also you will have to pay the programmer twice if it doesnt work. false economy

anyone in the south london/surrey areas that need keys programmed for renaults drop me a pm as i can get it done for you , can supply some plips as well.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had to shell out £385 when my car was stolen with the keys.

That got me 2 new keys, and a replacement UCH (whatever that is)...so £150 for one sounds about right.

Clio 182
Im needing a key as well...........
Sean, how much to supply the blips for please, ive dropped you a pm anyways