ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has your clio got a name?

I don't really understand people giving their cars names. It's ok for women because they have pussy power, which means we can forgive them a lot. But sorry, a grown man calling his car "Tracy" ...

Life issues IMO ;)

The answer from me is, no.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Previous owner of mine called it Chloe heh.

Isn't that right Matt ;)

Dan

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There's another thread here titled "pet hates". The person who started it points out he doesn't mean domestic animals he doesn't like, he means those little things that annoy you.

The term for that is "bete noir", which in French literally means "black beast".

It occurs to me that that would be an ideal name for my Clio. It works in both English and French, and in both literal and figurative meanings. It is little and its continual problems and faults really are annoying. And its black and its a beast.

Betty. Betty Black.

And that matches its number plate: BB-973X.

Clio 197 - TBP style
My Megane is called Le Rouge Monstre and the clio is called Le Babi Bleu, thanks to the welsharab for those.

E30 318iS x2
I think mine was dubbed 'Sam' (short for Samantha) but I can't ever be fucked to call it that just drive it lol

Megane 225 F1
my gfs blue saxo is called bluebell and so as soon as i got my clio and its black she called it blackbell which then evolved into blackberry :S. i just call it the car tbh

172 cup
I made the mistake of asking my friend to name my car... He said she looks like a Margaret!

Someone explain to me how a 172 CUP can look like a Margaret?!