ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haunted Headlights, Help! (51 plate 172)

Clio 172, 2001
Hi, I've got a weird one for y'all, my headlight units keep twitching up and down (very slightly) on their own. Is this normal?!

The car is stationary, but the servo motors behind the headlights can be heard adjusting the height of the beams constantly!

Has anyone else experienced this? Dying sensor? Or could the sensor simply be in-between two height settings, and it can't make up it's mind?!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

b/g 182, meg tourer
mine did a simelar thing right befor the bulb went.
hope this isn't the case because the bulbs are very expensive

b/g 182, meg tourer
oh, yeah mine didn't do that when they were off.
it does sound like they are auto adjusting. strange

Clio 172, 2001
Why would they be auto adjusting, when the car's stationary? Has anyone else experienced / fixed this? Should I just ignore it?!

BMW M135i
Could be the auto adjuster sensor on the back dying and telling the UCH that the rear ride height is changing so it adjusts the lights.

Then again could be a few things really tbh.

BMW M135i
The UCH is the computer that controls all the cars auxillary systems like the lights, climate control, wipers, central locking etc. But you don't need to worry about that, its only an idea and it'd be the sensor on the rear axle that'd be the problem if any.

BMW M135i
Didn't think there was anything on the front wishbone? I haven't heard of/seen anything anyway, the height of the front shouldn't change its only the rear depending on weight in the back.