ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I wasted my money (Tyres)

Ordered the latest Goodyear Eagle f1s in the week and had them fitted this morning. Noticed when I got home that they say GS-D2 on the side wall and not GS-D3 that everone has metioned on here. Are they rubbish and if so I have wasted £169-50 and are they still better the the Contis that I have just replaced on my Cup ?

I presume thats 195/45/16s yes?

Thats not a bad price for GSD2s, which are still far superior to the contis.

Think the GSD3s are still fairly expensive......

The GSD2s are still an awesome tyre in the wet - you realise theyre not money wasted when the first downpour comes and your still pressing on like its dry outside! ;)

MEGANE

they might be better in the wet? but there not as good as the contis in the dry, steerings not as sharp!!

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 09 November 2003

IMHO the GSD2s are better than the GDS3s

but thats only my opinion, what does that count for
Seriously......

So youve tried both?

Goodyear arent exactly a cowboy company, just strikes me as strange that theyd bring out a newer tyre that wasnt better than the old one!

Very strange..........

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 09 November 2003
Seriously......So youve tried both?Goodyear arent exactly a cowboy company, just strikes me as strange that theyd bring out a newer tyre that wasnt better than the old one!Very strange..........

yes i have tried both, my mate has some D2s fitted to his punto, now has D3s and i thought the D2s were better

Cheers for all your comments. I have now drien in the wet and the dry this weekend and can say I will never buy contis again. I moved the contis on the rear to the front (so I can wear them out quicker to fit F1s) and had the new F1 GSD2s on the back. The back is so under tight control now (even the wife noticed). Feels like a different car in the wet and dry.