ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have tyres gone up in price???

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Last Nov bought 3 contis for £180 fitted, today rang round for a tyre for mrs scenic, between £95-110 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clio 195/45/16
Scenic 205/50/16

Even rang costco..........only £12 cheaper & you need a card.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i did read the other day that tyres were going up in price actually, some by quite a lot.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My Tyres, £97.40
Black £104.70...........both then need fitting!!!!!!!!!!

205/45/16 (exaltos).......100++

D

dick

i payed £50 each for sum toyos from wotor world other week.

205 40 17

BMW M3
Yep, I also read there where going up. Some by as much as 40% !!!

Due to the rise in fossil fuel cost etc...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just had a new Conti fitted this afternoon (195/45/16) for £73. That was through blackcircles

just had 2 new pzero neros on mine last week, 195 45 16 v rated got them for 100 notes supply only and got them fitted for 5 notes a tyre.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
All depends on size with some sizes more common and cheaper than others. Hence why your Scenic ones are probably dearer than your Clio. Like my gf's cpolo requires 195/55/15 which is £25 a corner more expensive than 195/50/15 on my Clio.

But the my Clio should have 185/55/15 and the main reason I now use 195/50/15 is due to more choice and lower cost. Tyres are slightly dearer than when I last bought mine but perhaps only by 10 per cent.

Not a Clio anymore.....
Ring around local garages and tyre dealers, they generally end up being much cheaper. I saved over £15 a tyre compared to mytyres and even more against blackcircles doing that and thats with the tyres fitted!! Exactly the same tyres/profile etc. Mail order not necessarily the best option.