ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

having to sell up.

clio 03 1.6 16v
well guys looks like i will have to sell the clio, im 20 in 10 days, ive had my licence nearly 2 years, no convictions, one claim 0 ncb, 03 clio 1.6 16v,
insurance price= £2600 fully comp

living in glasgow, standard car no mods etc.
wtf?
any one work with insurance n can give me a dicsount? lol

clio 03 1.6 16v
ive tried all the markets man, compare the market, money supermarket, bell, everythin!
its crazy and i dunno why its so dear!
i dont think theres anythin i can do..

mmm i could get insured on the same car for half that and im the roughly the same age as you.....not sure why its so much

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mate the ones that do multiple quotes are not always accurate. I saved over £300 on one of their recommendations by buying from the insurer's site direct.

Try elephant.co.uk (they have quote me best 2yrs in a row by a lot), bell, admiral (all under the same company), rac, tesco value is suppose to be cheap like the name suggests.

Do you live in a high risk area? How much is your car worth?

And add your mum and dad as named drivers on your quotes. Wish I had discovered that sooner, has saved hundreds over the last 2yrs!

How much was it last year ??

As said, try adding on your mum as a named driver, that often reduces it. Other than that put a slightly higher excess in - watch out though as you'll have their statutory one on it too.

clio 03 1.6 16v
well im payin £1300 just now fully comp with endsleigh, i cant find anyone even near tht...
its glasgow, its an E area aparantly.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd say spend a day or two doing every online quote.

My insurance went up to £2k when I was 18 due to a claim and 3 points and it was only a 1.4 mk1. Since I'm in a B risk area, I suppose your quote of £2600 doesn't seem far off tbh.

Only things I can think of is dont have any excess annual mileage. Mine is set at 3000, which makes a difference compared to 5000. And increase your excess.

clio 03 1.6 16v
Yeh, i think im in a high risk area.. the claim isnt making much differance ive tried with and withought it, its like a £200 diff, im putting my millage at 6000mls a year even though i do tripple tht.. they dont ask your millage wen taking out insurance..
my excess is £250 and fully comp... im 20 on the 19th of this month..
any 1 want a clio? lol cheers guys.

80MPG BEEZA
its weird how you got such a high qoute, my brother in law got his 172 last year paid £1400 this year with an extra years no claims and no points or anything he got his renewal qoute through for £2200! i told him to phone flux who i'm with and they qouted him £800 ;)

clio 03 1.6 16v
i really dont know why its so high tbh... its pissin me off, i read about all these young guys in there turbo cars n wat have you for much less than me, full time student drivin a damn 1.6 clio at 20 year old and payin near enough £2000 on insurance for 1 year!!! its crazy!!

Try companies direct. My insurance quotes through confused and money supermarket are normally TWICE as much as I end up paying!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Where in Glasgow are you mate>? Theres alot of high rated crime zones here that might be why.

Im 21 and mines is £1297 on my Mk1 172, driving for 4 years with no ncb, with elephant!

clio 03 1.6 16v
yeh i know, i was offered 1100 from admiral with my aunt and grandmother on the policy.. or £1600 withought... hmm.
still really dear considering my age etc..

Imo, the price of £1100 with the family added on to it is quite fair. From the insurers point of view, your young, no ncb & one claim & your area probably isn't the cheapest for insurance anyway.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
that si very cheap, lol, i was 20, live in glasgow ish, 0ncb, 1 claim, 1 years experience. on a standard 1.2 was £1300, that was with tesco and had various discounts like online and someone else at the same address insured withthem too. nonon else woudl come close. so £1100 ona 1.6 is good going. it was about£1800 i was quoted ona 1.6.