ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haynes Motor Museum

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Hi guys just got back from a few weeks away over easter down in Devon, on the way down there i decided to stop at the Haynes motor museum as i had recently seen it on a tv programme ( i didnt know it exisited before then) it was great, there was an awesome selection of cars and it made a much more interesting stop off point than a service station. i would definately recommend a visit as i dont know any where else which has such a large and varied selection of cars. one of the exhibition halls is filled with only red cars.

also when you pay if you opt for a gift ticket (just means the money from you ticket goes to charity but cost the same amount, then your ticket is valid for the year)

for more info look here
http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/home/index.html

not really the best pics as i wasnt there all that long but it gives you an idea as too a small selection of the stuff that is there

the red room:
34-2.jpg

3-33.jpg

4-25.jpg

2-36.jpg

1.jpg

6-20.jpg

7-19.jpg

8-13.jpg

9copy-1.jpg

26.jpg

23-2.jpg

13.jpg

12-9.jpg

11-10.jpg

10-12.jpg

25.jpg

24-2.jpg

30-2.jpg

17-4.jpg

27-1.jpg

16-5.jpg

20-2.jpg

21.jpg

19-4.jpg

28-2.jpg

29-2.jpg

15.jpg

14-6.jpg

5-24.jpg

18-4.jpg

32-2.jpg

33-2.jpg

31-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

cheers
James

Last edited:
Lol I live 5 mins down the road from it, and I've never been there.

Don't need to now I've seen pics haha.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
lol yeah it doesnt seem very well advertised considering how big it is. its only like £6 to get in so if you live close its not a bad place to go on a rainy sunday or something. the pics are only a really small selection there are loads more cars and bikes there

172 Race Car
Been around there many many times. My company rents a workshop from them for our training courses. Always get to go around the museum at lunch time. Some cool stuff.

172 Race Car
They have a garage and mot station on site.
My company rents a workshop/classroom off them
they have a Cafe
Charge for museum entry
A small test track on site that tv/film companies use sometimes as well as car clubs

All makes up their income

and they also mke a few bob from selling workshop manuals

Iirc some cars are donated

I went a few weeks back, love the twin engined Cossie. The two cars on the carpet platform at the back of one of the rooms are worth an insane amount each. iirc the vast majority are in working condition, most get taken out on their circuit at least once per year to keep them ticking over.

When we went last year Mr. Haynes actually served as at the till, nice to see it's still all kept in the family! One of the family (I'm assuming a son) organises the very successful GT Cup Series, one of his 360s is on display sometimes.