ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haynes Sprint Track Day - The Media Thread!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Good day and really good value for money. Nice to put faces to names.

Thanks to John (Saner) for sorting it out :cool: Excuse the un-imaginative photographs, it was the only place we were allowed to take pictures from, and I only had 55mm focal length :(

dsc_0004.jpg

The second before Saner binned it :(

dsc_0009.jpg

After said binnage:

dsc_0012.jpg

dsc_0014.jpg

Unlucky dude!

More random pictures:

dsc_0015.jpg

dsc_0017.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg

2nd binnage

dsc_0043.jpg

dsc_0045.jpg

dsc_0051.jpg

Daves milage on the trophy:

dsc_0070.jpg

dsc_0072.jpg

dsc_0093.jpg

dsc_0106.jpg

dsc_0120.jpg

Took quiet a few, but didn't manage to get everyone's car.

The rest are here:

http://lukebroad.com/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=32

ph1 172, berlingo
good day apart from the bumps, and my poor mates gearbox mount snapping on his williams, spins galore

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
R888's in the damp/cold, on a trackday with very short sessions? Brave/mad, they seem to let go at will when cold! Hope they both get sorted easily:).

Christopher - You could say its a little hardcore! :) But so much fun!

Yeah got a stud conversion, possibly a little long on the stud side but makes changing the wheels soo much easier seeing as I swap wheels over alot!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cools pics, shame about the crashes :(

And that Trophy! Thats a hell of a lot of miles!!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It is jameses yes put it wasn't really a crash. He just scraped the bumper a little bit - no big deal really

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Saner made it back OK then? Such a shame...organises the day, then has to leave early to get home and beat the fading light.

Good to see everyone as usual. Nice to put forum names to faces...I now know who some of you are!!!

The Ignis continues to impress me, handled all I could throw at it well, and still managed 41mpg over the whole day :approve: Glad a piccy or two were taken :clap:

Clio RS200 GW
Great day had think i need some new front tyres..... If the wires showing it means new yeh... LOL i was in the Clio 200 got to learn not to be so aggressive but it was fun no point having a car like that if you aint gonna put it through its paces. I need new tyres so what they have done 11,000 not bad after two track days as well.......... Nice to meet some other enthusiastic clio owners look forward to the next one.
Dave (Mancman68)

Was great to get the car back out on the track again and nothing fall off this time. Shame about the few bumps in the rain and the poor guy whos engine mount came off. Great day out for the price we paid. Hopefully we can do it again next year

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Pics look good, sad to hear about the off's... And Blue sky, where was this again? Miles from Sussex I guess?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well im in West Sussex and its in Somerset and approx 110 miles from where i live, so not too far.

The track was a completely different animal after the rain. I think because its not really used alot the surface is very greasy when wet. I've never had the Cup so sideways in the 5 years I've owned it.....having R888's on the front and Yoko AD08's on the rear contributed to it i think!

330i. E30 Touring.
Gutted about the scrapes and crunches.

If you need a hand with anything on the shed, let me know Jon. :)

Also, <3 the Trophyshed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well im in West Sussex and its in Somerset and approx 110 miles from where i live, so not too far.

The track was a completely different animal after the rain. I think because its not really used alot the surface is very greasy when wet. I've never had the Cup so sideways in the 5 years I've owned it.....having R888's on the front and Yoko AD08's on the rear contributed to it i think!

I got a shot of you doing the sideways thing, very graceful ;).

Video clip to follow...

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol. its my own stupid fault Cold R888's on a Cold wet track with no run off? Definatly trying to be a hero FTL!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sad to see a few scrapes but it looks like a good day. Have it looking ship shape again soon eh John?

Saxo bits are cheap anyway, and after all, it's why you buy a cheap track car, right?