ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hazard light/indicator relay

996 Carrera
Does anyone know where the relay for the hazard/indicator lights is located on a 172? Is it accessible?

Yesterday morning my battery was flat and the car wouldn't start. I jump-started the engine and everything was fine apart from the hazard lights won't turn off. I assume this is what drained the engine.

I've taken the indicator fuse out so the battery isn't drained again.

My more knowledgable mates suggest the relay has blown or is stuck and I'd like to have a go replacing it if poss. before I hand the car over to Renault tomorrow and get charged a small fortune for the same job.

I've checked dialogys but couldn't find the info I needed.

Thanks for any help,

G

996 Carrera
Well, not quite sure what happened but after charging the battery last night and leaving it all day the problem seems to have cleared.

I just gave it a good thrash up and down the motorway for a good hour and all is well.

996 Carrera
The problem came back last weekend so took it into the local Renault garage.

Result was I needed a new UCH for £410! Ouch.

Apparently a wire had come loose and burnt out the UCH.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
UCH's are very common for blowing on clio's. That price you have is fitted - a UCH is £223 + vat part no 8200387291