ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards stuck!

Clio Mk1 172

A mate of mine is having problems with his hazard lights on his cup. At the moment he cannot switch them off so hes had to take the fuse out which now means his indicators dnt work either

Anyone experienced this b4 and how can it be fixed?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I once had problems with the hazards on my 172 Mk 1. In my case they only worked when the ignition was on and not off ... turned out to be an lose connection on the switch. Anyhow at the time JAY who is an RTE who used to frequent CS explained how the hazards worked. Surprisingly complex IIRC ... UCH produces a regular signal and hazard switch switches that; when car is off, hazard switch earths a pin on the UCH causing it to wake up and create the signal which is then switched for the hazards.

Would recommend that you start with the switch since thats all the can really play up given the above system. Pop it out and check the connections etc..

[Edited by Andy D because 16v_jon is right on 8/15/2005 6:19:56 PM]