ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD Video Recording

DCi 100
I need educating on the subject lol,

I'm looking for a HD video/camcorder style piece that isn't too large (handheld size). Easy replaceable batteries/memory. I was thinking of upgrading the D40 to some sort of SLR with video recording available, but would it be worth it price wise?

Any sort of reccommendation or info on experiences would be great.

Cheers

DCi 100
Can't say I'd part with over 1k for a camera tbh dude,

Maybe 700 quid max? Would trade in the D40 if so.

Cheers.

Cupra
How much is the 500D/ D90? They are not full HD but are still pretty good.

I have a 5DII and the video quality blows me away. The size of the sensor means that it is head and shoulders above nearly all HD (consumer) camcorders on the market in terms of image quality. That is where it stops though, the handy size, easy handling, image stabilisation, clearer sound etc etc are all better on camcorders.

The majority of the time, I prefer to use my non HD camcorder as it is just simpler, has IS and records better sound than the 5D.

The SLR's are only really worth using when you have a rig to put them on. Handheld, you end up with very shaky results and can hear every creak and crack of the camera body movement.

I'd probably recommend a HD camcorder over a SLR TBH.

DCi 100
Cheers dude exactly what I was looking for in terms of usability :)

Looked in eBay before and some camcorders are on there for 150 quid lol. The panasonic one I had a nosey at for 3/450 looked great, ran 1080, 12 approx battery, SD memory etc. Along with vibrate reducation, AF, face recogniction etc. On iPhone ATM will find the link tomorrow.