ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head comparrison

clio ph1 16v
hi everyone,
Could anyone tell me the difference between williams cylinder head and the 1.8 16v cylinder head....?

Cheers mark...

excluding the cams and valve springs.

The heads are the same base casting, but the williams has 31.7mm inlet valves vs the 1.8's 30.7, same exhausts.

The williams also has a secondary machining operation done to the short side radius.

Apart from that, exactly the same.

clio ph1 16v
ok cheers ben,
i went to prima racing this morning and was told that i would be better off building my megane 2.0 f7r engine with a williams head as i would get more power out of it with the throttle boddies i'm gonna put on it. is this the case or am i just being told this so i can buy the big valve head he offered me..?

clio ph1 16v
which could you get the most power out of ben the megane head or the williams after working a little angelworks magic on it and around how much would it cost

Megan I'm sure he will say.

The 1.8 head with valves can flow more than a worked Willaims head i belive as there more meat to play with but the Megan is the better again.

ultimately, the megane, but at considerable cost.

The williams head is the cheapest option for 95% of the gains you need.

Current development has allows us to generate higher flow from the williams head than the 172 head (in mildly modified trim with larger (33.5mm) inlet valves), at sub 0.38" lift, which is the majority of lift you'd be using on most cams.