ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit 182

What is the radio like in the 182? im considering buying a JVC <A class=xcontentprodred href= "http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/prod_detail.asp?action=&prod_area=mobile&prod_id=42&sub_cat_id=1 KD-SHX701 head unit to replace the factory standard. Looking at the spec list the factory standard is an upgrade from the normal Clio unit anyway. What is the difference? Has anyone got a JVC <A class=xcontentprodred href= "http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/prod_detail.asp?action=&prod_area=mobile&prod_id=42&sub_cat_id=1 KD-SHX701 and is it any good. It looks really smart but i have little technical knowledge of ICE, and whether all of the kit in the 182 will work if i put in a new stereo including the remote and the display?
Can someone please help me?

The 182 head unit is the same as all normal Clio head units the speakers are 44 instead of 25 whats or whatver and made by Casabania which is the reason for the label on the front of it.

Its a decient enough stereo IMO.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The standard H/U is just about loud enough to cover up the rattles ;)

Deffinatly upgrade it !

BMW 120i Sport

The standard headunit isnt too bad, but when i upgraded to an Alpine unit the sound quality was sooo much better.

I threw in an Alpine amp and some Focal Polyglass, now it sounds out of this world.

When upgrading the standard HU is it worth also doing upgrading the speakers as well?

Do many after market HUs work with the stalk controls and display sceen?

Ford Fiesta

confused now, is the headunit cabasse or is it the speakers that have had "some" input from cabasse?

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 21 April 2005
confused now, is the headunit cabasse or is it the speakers that have had "some" input from cabasse?

The speakers are cabasse the steroes is the standard one.
Sticking in better speakers and putting a sticker on the stock head unit was a cheap way of making an "uprated" stereo system.

Quote: Originally posted by hardsoulwax on 21 April 2005
When upgrading the standard HU is it worth also doing upgrading the speakers as well?Do many after market HUs work with the stalk controls and display sceen?

No very few ( I dont know of any) work with the stalk controls as standard there are plug in looks which you can but which convert the normal signals form the Renault stuff into signals which aftermarket head units can use though but there expensive.

just bought a jvd kdlhx 552, wicked bit of kit, sounds miles better than std stereo even though i haven t changed the speakers yet, if your gonna change the h/u go for somethingblack in my opinion it suits the dash more, but each to there own!