ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit/ Dash removal

You may remember me banging on about struggling to get my h.u out. Still cant do it. Got the keys and they didnt achieve nothink. Its like the sony head unit has been shoved in a "non" sony surround case. Ph1 dash, just to get the h.u out, or even just to have a bit of play around the heat controls to re connect some wires. Easy?

Have you used the removal keys with the little indents in them near the end?
b_con-ct22pi01.jpg

Put them in then use a tiny screwdriver to lever it out.

Yea, you'll probs get them off there.
Basically those ones come in the box with Sony Headunits, and are the best ones to use.

Probs get them on Ebay. To be fair those one's work for most brand of headunits.
Could try popping down Halfords and asking them to pop it out for you.
The one's they sell off the shelf for sony are the ones without that little notch in, they shouldn't charge you - well I don't when I do it for people lol.

Jap Box
Yep the sony headunit removal keys seem to qork on quite a few different brands, ive managed to get out kenwoods and an apline without much trouble using them. For OEM headunits just bend a coathanger and plug that in the holes and pull.