ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Doesn't Fit...

MK2 PH1 1.2
Hi guys,

new to the site so basically i have no idea what is meant by all the 172 and 182 talk, but i have a mk2 clio and when i had my head unit installed, it has never gone all the way in. from what i can tell its to do with the mass of wires in the back.

the other thing i was wondering was if anyone could help me sort out the mess that my friend made of the wiring for the sub/amp. my power cable comes in through the driver side door and runs pretty messily through to the back.

any help will be gratefully recieved, thanks

Skoda Fabia vRS
your power cable needs to come in from the passenger side, IIRC you can get it through the bonnet release cable grommet

pull the head unit out just far enough to get your hand through, and them just push the wires down or to the sides as much as you can and slide it back in, may take a few attempts but it will go in

Civic Type-S GT
the mass of wires tend to fit nicely underneath, behind the heater controls and as mentioned above, the power cable does indeed fit through the bonnet release

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
You may have to remove the dash top, in order for you to push wires away from behind the headunit.

Run the power cable under the carpet and seats.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
best thing to do for your headunit is take the mounting cage out and sort the wires out and make sure there is no slack on any of the wires just enough for you to plug into your headunit. then push them into little nooks where it wont affect the headunit going in. then just pust the cage back in thenplug in headunit and slide it back nicely.

as for the power cable you can put it behind the trim which runs along the bottom inside of the car which goes all the way to the boot.

MK2 PH1 1.2
thanks for all that help guys, the amp wiring help is definately gunna come in handy tomorrow.
A mate of mine is gunna come round tomorrow and start sorting things out. will completely start over on wiring the amp up.

I was also wondering whether it would be a good idea to get a second amp to power the door speakers/6x9s?

Folk on here don't really go in for 6*9 speakers as, tbh round speakers sound a lot better.
As your running a sub the 6*9's will be dwarfed.

MK2 PH1 1.2
cant tell atm tbh because the sub's not working properly, its all wired up but barely kicking at all. it only seems to vibrate because of the bass created by the 6x9s... anyone know why that might be?

i managed to get the head unit to fit properly, had to disconect all the wires from the back and push stuff back a lot. looks a lot better now.