ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit install

Z4 Roadster
Morning all

I’ve recently installed an old head unit, and had a few issues –

1. There is very little depth in the clio, so it struggles to sit in the dash fully.
2. The ‘brackets’ that should secure the head unit in place don’t appear to hold (think they're a bit worn) and therefore the head unit shoots out when accelerating! :eek:

Anyone got any genius ideas of how to secure the head unit in the dash, without being too permanent?

Cheers

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
Morning all

I’ve recently installed an old head unit, and had a few issues –

1. There is very little depth in the clio, so it struggles to sit in the dash fully.
2. The ‘brackets’ that should secure the head unit in place don’t appear to hold (think they're a bit worn) and therefore the head unit shoots out when accelerating! :eek:

Anyone got any genius ideas of how to secure the head unit in the dash, without being too permanent?

Cheers

so get a new cage for it. and if you have a look under the heating control you can take this panel out so you can get your hand up the back of the stereo. This allows you to pull wire down and if you have the small rubber piece on the back of the stereo take it off.

Z4 Roadster
aha - good idea re: taking the bit under the heater panel off! :)

btw, it's a sony.

I don't think it's the cage that is the issue, as I've managed to get that to stay in place. It's the 'prongs' on the head unit that I think have become too weak. :(