ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head unit

renault clio 1.2 grenade
when i took standard clio head unit out and tried to replace it with a new one, the wires on the back of my new one make it slightly to big to fit in so now im stuck with my head unit sticking out slightly, does anyone know if i can drill a little hole in the place where the head unit goes to i can push the wires into it ? got clio 1.2 grande , sorry if didnt explain myself to good.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
There should be quite big holes/hollows on both sides where you can push the connectors. Get your hands in.

renault clio 1.2 grenade
sry must have confused you , the wire at the start is about 1 and half inches long (covered in hard plastic) to actually connect to the head unit. therefore they dont bend etc, the rest of the wire bends but the first 1 and half inches doesnt, that why i need to know if i can drill a hole through the back without effecting other things.

renault clio 1.2 grenade
just thought id bumo this post pls gimme an answer ^^ just need to know if i can drill a hole in the place where head unit is meant to be

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Pics? I don't think people fully understand which bit you're talking about.

3 Series touring
you mean that the wires are all in one plastic sheath?

cut it off, then each wire will be individual and you can bend them , i had to do this, although mine were all held together by cable ties into one long bundle that wont bend for Sh*t