ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight autoswitch

Well, stupid question incoming, take care :)

My 172 headlights started to turn on by themselves when its dark. Now, I guess this is a feature, but it manifested itself just last night. I never paid much attention to this feature, as it doesnt interest me so much. So, my stupid question:

Is thre a way to activate/deactivate this auto turn on of the headlamps? Im thinking that Ive activated it by mistake or so :)

-Tx!

Yes, there is a way of de-activating them. Its something to do with pulling the headlight switch towards you for a few seconds.

Why do you want to turn them off though? You neednt worry about not turning them on at night, turning them off where ever you get to and as we are in good old blighty, when it starts to p*ss down they switch themselves on as well.

Personally, I am quite happy about having one less thing to worry about. I know I wont be turning the automatic headlights off.

Renault Laguna Coupe

To disable the auto-headlight feature :

Turn on ignition (dont start the engine)

Turn headlamp switch on, off, on, off.

Auto headlights are now disabled. To re-enable them, do the same thing.

The autoswitch was OFF by default and as I didnt worry about it so much I was just wondering about what happened so that it was ON all of a sudden. I just let a friend of mine in the car for some time and I guess he turned the thing on without realizing. I will let it ON, of cours. As you say, one less thing to worry about is always a good deal :)

Thanks a whole lot for the info!

-Cheers