ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Replacement Bulbs

Ok, so this has probably been asked before, but here goes...

One of my headlight bulbs blew a few weeks back. Bought a replacement from Motorpoint, but they supplied me with the wrong part ffs. They don't accept returns either, arghh.

So now i'm in a place where i'm considering other options. Is there a way to get a whiter bulb on the Ph1 172's, without going down the HID route?
Id say id be willing to go up to, we'll say, £20. Cheaper the better though, as i'm a pikey.
One thing I miss about my old Flamer is the bright white Xenons.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341591005.211362.jpg
Left is 6000k ds3
Right is 5000k h7

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
What ever bulb you go for don't go over 6000k I think most agree with 7000k way too blue

Most light out put is 4300k which is standard ome

It says that they give a "crisp ice white light". :S I R CONFUSED!!
(EDIT: Aren't standard Halogen bulbs 3000k?!)

Also, with the order you get:FREE GIFT - Philips Blue Vision Ultra W5W 501 (Twin Pack)

Plus id get £3 CS discount.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Never used the other ones so not to sure. I think there are a few threads on here with others who also really like the Osrams. Might be worth a search just to see what others though, or to see if anyone has compared the two.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
It says that they give a "crisp ice white light". :S I R CONFUSED!!
(EDIT: Aren't standard Halogen bulbs 3000k?!)

Also, with the order you get:FREE GIFT - Philips Blue Vision Ultra W5W 501 (Twin Pack)

Plus id get £3 CS discount.

Standard factory xenons are 4300k

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I used to have nightbreakers (still do in the high beam), and they were good, but I do like the HIDs more.

Popped one tonight so I've just bought a new set.

What makes you say that? (make me feel better about trophy pov spec lights).

I found the spread of light was much better with halogen lights and nightbreakers. However whilst the 6000k xenons looked good and you could see where the beam ended I genuinely thought they didn't produce enough light.

This could of been down to the bulbs though. I actually prefer the look of the halogens on the Trophy. Where as on the 1.2 the xenons made the front end look much more complete and aggressive.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Here's a comparison between Nightbreakers (left) and 35w 6k HIDs (right)
DSCF1763s.jpg
DSCF1762s.jpg

That looks huge difference over the night breakers.

Do the hids work ok on the phase 1s as they are projectors or do they create too much dazzling for other cars?