ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restoration - Duxback

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd seen this kit some time ago and thought I'd leave it until the weather is better.
It literally takes a couple of minutes and job done. I was a bit dubious if it would work.
The first pic is the before pic, then a pic of what the tissue picks up then the last pic is the result.
It's a 2 step product. Make sure the headlight is clean then just wipe over with step 1 bottle. The tissue shows what it lifted off. Then after you've left it to haze over just wipe over step 2 bottle contents and that's it.
The camera doesn't really pick up how hazy and yellow it really was, but believe me it was quite cloudy and it was bugging me everytime I looked at it.
It says it does 10 headlights but I reckon it'll do more than 10 as you don't need to use much product.
It's on offer at carparts4less for only £13.00
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/d...0vX0T8Nd5TnqW6mWa3S6-uGSvz_f5dk0aAgxNEALw_wcB
If it's in the wrong section? Mods feel free to move it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_171419.jpg
    IMG_20210416_171419.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20210416_171829.jpg
    IMG_20210416_171829.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20210416_173814.jpg
    IMG_20210416_173814.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20210416_173316.jpg
    IMG_20210416_173316.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So this is just a wipe on/wipe off headlight restorer? That’s interesting if so!
Yeah. 2 bottles. Just wipe the product in bottle 1 over your clean headlight and leave to haze over. I left it 10 mins. Then you just put some of the product in bottle 2 on the tissue and wipe that over and Hey Presto, job done. No hard rubbing or polishing.
I reckon I only used a couple of ml so loads left in both bottles.
I'm super impressed with the result.
The passenger side headlight was replaced in 2019 by a garage after they broke it, it basically looked new so is crystal clear. The drivers side headlight had been polished with the 3m kit a couple of years ago but had started to go yellow again so it always looked bad. It was alot more hazy and yellow than the camera picked up.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If this works, it’s a game changer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trust me mate it really works. How, God only knows?
How long it'll last i don't know. But if it only lasts 6 months there's loads left in the bottles to do again and again.......
At 13 quid I'd say its a no brainer.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Trying to order this as my headlights are bad but website failing to process it! Just keeps spinning when I place order! [emoji3525]

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Trying to order this as my headlights are bad but website failing to process it! Just keeps spinning when I place order! [emoji3525]

Finally got order to go through! I’ll throw up some before/after pics too!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gunna try this on the old 330d as one of the lights winds me up whenever I look at it, apparently does up to 10 cars so should last a while.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds too good to be true.. But looks great for ten minutes of work!

Ordered a kit as well, wonder how long the finish will last.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
That sounds too good to be true.. But looks great for ten minutes of work!

Ordered a kit as well, wonder how long the finish will last.
Not even 10 mins work. Less than 2 mins. 10 min wait time between using both products.
I'll probably wake up tomorrow and my headlight will be yellow again lol then you'll all be cursing me haha.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha I also ordered a california scents to get free delivery for this so either way worth it;)

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'll watch this with interest but I can't see it lasting more than a few weeks.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Got to admit, this was excellent service. Free 3-4 working day delivery, on weekdays only, if ordered before 6pm turns up 14 hours later on a Saturday!

20210417_130245.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I can confirm it really is as easy as wipe on, wait, wipe on.

Left headlight has a couple of hazy spots, totally user error as I hadn't put enough clear fluid on the wipe.

Interested to see how long this stuff lasts.

20210417_183925.jpg
20210417_192030.jpg
20210417_183917.jpg
20210417_191952.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I don't mind an hour polishing, especially since this stuff doesn't remove scratches but working outside it's hard to choose a day to let something like Gyeon Trim dry properly.

If this works for the time being I'm happy!

Clio 182
The only 'long term' review I found (1 week!) did not sound so good:
"It's ok, but after a week it has the tell tale sign of returning yellow a little so I would say its a 3 month at most treatment which isn't bad I guess".

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The only 'long term' review I found (1 week!) did not sound so good:
"It's ok, but after a week it has the tell tale sign of returning yellow a little so I would say its a 3 month at most treatment which isn't bad I guess".
2 minutes every 3 months will do me :) My headlight had been polished previously about 18 months ago and sealed with CarPro Dlux a few times but was beginning to go cloudy again.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I coat my headlights with ceramic coating after polishing and they start to go slightly hazy after just a year. They're still really clear but even a UV resistant ceramic coating goes yellow with salt and s**t on the roads

I've ordered this kit just to try it. My clio did 4k in the last 18 months and theyre already starting to go hazy🙄

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I coat my headlights with ceramic coating after polishing and they start to go slightly hazy after just a year. They're still really clear but even a UV resistant ceramic coating goes yellow with salt and s**t on the roads

I've ordered this kit just to try it. My clio did 4k in the last 18 months and theyre already starting to go hazy🙄
I think once headlights have been polished, sealed etc... With whatever products its only a matter of time before they start to go cloudy again and there's no permanent solution to stopping it.
If your headlights are scratched to f**k they'll obviously need polishing. If they only go cloudy and this stuff does the trick and needs reapplying every few months I'm more than happy to do that.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I think @Danith tried this or similar ages ago.

I had some thing from ECP, some hardcore solvent wipes in a green packaging, can't remember the name. Crap anyway ha

Got the polishing machine out for the civic and twingo lights, not perfect but miles better. Needs abrasion and lots of heat really

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Think I might order some of these, the SantaFe is much worse than the Clio was, the missus has already left for work so can't get a picture of the lights, if I remember will get one tonight, if it works on them for a few months I'll be over the moon.

The pic is from a headlight on Ebay that isn't so bad so you get the idea, mine looks like that but yellow aswel [emoji24]
c9ddb5fb8381f59544576b4b6b9b58f5.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My stuff arrived the other day, will give it a go over the weekend on the old bimma.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so mine arrived yesterday. I polished the headlights 2 years ago and the Clio has done less than 4k in that time

Before

20210420_194436.jpg

During

20210420_194443.jpg
20210420_194914.jpg
20210420_194920.jpg

After

20210420_195819.jpg
20210420_195824.jpg

This is the amount of s**t that came off "clean" headlights

20210420_195240.jpg

So easy to do, genuinely took me 10 minutes. If I have to do this every 6 months then ill be happy rather than polish them everytime

Ill update whenever they decide to discolour

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Nice post, I did mine 12 months ago but showing signs that they need work again. I'll grab some from Euro on the way to work 👍

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's an definitely a appealing product.

I've been doing a few headlight corrections of late on various cars. This seems like a great cheap fix. Obviously it doesn't polish out scratches, just makes them cleaner/less yellow but the price is decent. Much cheaper than buying a kit or getting all the products to do a flat/polish correction, if you can't be bothered to do the work. Wipe on, wipe off.

Would be interested in seeing how long they take to start to discolour again.

Last edited:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I think it’s an excellent option to maintain, when I finally get around to ordering a DA, I will give my lights a good going over and order one of these kits to keep on top of them quick wiper over every couple of months maybe the compromise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Well, if you squint it’s abit better... although was hardly bad in the first place but as the other light is much newer there was quite a noticeable difference between them, sightly better now, I think, probably. 🤪

Before
A0443C24-4521-4598-9D68-ADDF96F2F404.jpeg

After
B69539FF-790A-4FEA-B1AA-CED09AF640FA.jpeg