ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Washer Clio 172 MK2

Im having a really bad week!! First of all I discover a dent to my door which has now been fixed. Today I discover that either some a**hole has either nicked the ball from each of the headlight washers or they have somehow blown out. Can you buy just the ball or have you got to buy the whole damn unit?? Can I blame Renault & say they must have blown out because of a pressure build up!!!

This is another common problem!! It is Renaults fault!!

If your car is less than a year old, they will be replaced under warranty. If not, they are about £7 each plus fitting, they have to take off the bumper, not cheap for two bits of plastic!! And yes, its the whole unit.

If mine get blown off or some tinker knocks them off Im going to buy the little bungs that are fitted to the cup as their bound to be more trouble than there worth in the future.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 16 September 2003

This is another common problem!! It is Renaults fault!!

If your car is less than a year old, they will be replaced under warranty. If not, they are about £7 each plus fitting, they have to take off the bumper, not cheap for two bits of plastic!! And yes, its the whole unit.
Yep one of mine blew off made for a great water pistol for a while, I pulled the fuse for them both and got a new ball fitted under warranty, problem solved.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive had mine replaced under warranty twice now, and i tell you what, if they go again over a year then i am not paying for them, its a renault fault, the bloody things shouldnt fall off the car. Are you sure they take the bumper off? I cant see that myself, each time i have taken mine in to have them replaced they have never done that??

Yes Gaz, they take the bumper off, I stood and watched them!! the unit is fixed to the car under the bumper and has to be fed through the hole from behind.

not a clio anymore

Quote: Originally posted by T.Ferrino on 17 September 2003

If mine get blown off or some tinker knocks them off Im going to buy the little bungs that are fitted to the cup as their bound to be more trouble than there worth in the future.
The problem is that I am pretty sure you need washjet in working order to pass your MOT if you have Xenon. Mine leaks but I still have the little ball

VW Potato

drat. I forgot about the MOT thing. I was planning not to not to bother replacing them for all the hassle involved. So long as you wash your lights when your driving, they still get a clean - wash them when youre stationary, and the car/people in front get a clean.

g

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

im not being funny, but each time i have taken mine in to have them replaced they havent really been that long with the car, certainly not long enough to take the bumper off!! Is there any chance that they are just gluing new balls back in?

Gaz, it only took them about 40mins to do mine. If youre giving them the balls back then maybe they are gluing them back in...I lost mine so they had no choice, but to replace the whole unit....plus I always watch them, and they know it!! :)

So it is possible that they could have fallen or been blown out & not necessarily nicked.

Anyway, success as I phoned Renault garage today...

"Hello my balls have some how fallen out of my headlight washers!!!"

A "How old is you car sir?"

"2 Weeks"

A "No problem its covered under warranty. We need to book it in with the bodyshop as the whole bumper has to be removed. Whats the reg?"

"Its not been registered as yet, Im still waiting for the log book from DVLA. Its an import"

A "No problem, what is the chassis. Ill book it in for next Monday"

The garage was very helpful although I only told them it was an import after it had been booked in!!

Last week I also wrote to the Service Reception Manager at the Renault garage (Mumfords Plymouth), asking if a K-Tec exhaust would invalidate the warranty in its entirity. I had a nice letter from the Managing Director himself. He advised that as the pressure from the manifold could be effcted & there would be a risk of damage to the engine which would invalidate any warranty on the engine. On the other hand if say a window packed up then clearly the exhaust couldnt be linked. I may play on the safe side & just get a set of OZ alloys instead!!! Also this will not effect my insurance premium with Tescos as I have asked them.