ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer jet pump

Clio Sport xxx
Hi,

Where is this located? Do the tend to fail alot?

My washer jets have stopped working, and i've booked it into the stealers for inspection - however they said its only a warrenty job if its a pump fault, if its just blocked then its not covered.... although i have a feeling they might fob me off with the 'blocked' excuse even if it is the pump just to con me into handing over some cash. Which is why i want to locate the pump and test it myself.

Any help much appreciated!

megane 285 sport
yeh your headlight washer jet is the same pump as your windscreen pump. you have to take your windscreen wipers off, remove the black plastics under your windscreen, remove the wiper motor/mechanism, then unbolt your water bottle lift it out and the pump is plugged into the side, mine went on mine, the only thing that took time was to get the wipers off the slines. but be watch when you put the wiper motor/mechanism back in, theres an location pin/ hole at the back, i didnt bolt it back in properly and it made the most annoying knocking noise when on.

Clio Sport xxx
Ey? Ive read a couple of posts on here RE headlight washers after a search, and people have said that they have a seperate pump for the headlight washers??

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Are you positive you've got enough fluid in the bottle, as the headlight pump is above the windscreen one and runs out first.