ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Washer Jets aim too low

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Well my drivers side windscreen washer wasn’t working so bought a replacement set of mist jets (Part 6438V8) these were the recommended ones from an old thread on here. I’ve fitted them and they both work, however don’t really provide a ‘mist’ and are aimed far too low, they hit the windscreen just about where the wiper sits. Not sure if this is an issue with the jets or is this the pump on it’s way out? The previous jet (the one that wasnt blocked) seemed to work fine, although occasionally it was spitting. The water coming from the pipe without the jets on did seem weak, I’ve read that it’s a horrible job to do but the part is cheap. Thoughts? Got the MOT in a couple of weeks so need to sort it soon.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Probably cheap/clone eBay/ECP parts. Did they come in an official Peugeot/Citroen bag? If not, that'll almost certainly be the problem.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Probably cheap/clone eBay/ECP parts. Did they come in an official Peugeot/Citroen bag? If not, that'll almost certainly be the problem.
No they didn’t come in the actual bag. Came in a bag branded with the ebay sellers name. Didn’t think cheap/clones would make much of a difference. I didn’t check though, just typed the part number and bought the first one.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sometimes you can get lucky with the cheaper items. Other times, not so lucky. I've always stuck with the PSA Original items for around £9-11 shipped and have never had a problem.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Sometimes you can get lucky with the cheaper items. Other times, not so lucky. I've always stuck with the PSA Original items for around £9-11 shipped and have never had a problem.

I mean they seem usable. They spray a bit of water up the windscreen which is workable. I’ll see if I can wedge something under the front side of them to point them up a bit and get it through the MOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's been a while since I've fitted any to a Mk2 but I seem to remember the OE items spray a little low at speed anyway.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you get genuine Citroen ones they spray perfect and work fine . As said by direct from dealer.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Might just order some more, need to find genuine. It’s not too expensive anyways and the jets not working been bugging me for ages.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Is possible for pump isn't at full pressure. I bought some mist jets from a pug dealer and they hit the wiper arms! I eventually took the washer bottle out and pulled the pump out to trim the rubber bung thing and they were much better. Never tried the mist jets again though.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Is possible for pump isn't at full pressure. I bought some mist jets from a pug dealer and they hit the wiper arms! I eventually took the washer bottle out and pulled the pump out to trim the rubber bung thing and they were much better. Never tried the mist jets again though.

Seems like a PITA getting to the pump though. Gonna wedge something underneath to point them up a bit for now. Will see how that holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's been a while since I've fitted any to a Mk2 but I seem to remember the OE items spray a little low at speed anyway.
Lol

I had my 172 for years and it clearly left its mark on me, even driving new cars I hesitate before pulling the windscreen washer stalk at any sort of speed because on the 172 the spray would just hit the bottom of the window and the wipers would smear whatever was on the screen.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Had the same issue. Bought non-genuine mist washer jets that aim too low, so I have bought a genuine set in the hope this provides a resolution (y)