ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights flickering, full beam problem, radio cutting out

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Had a quick search and couldn't find anything definite, basically it started with my radio randomly switching on and off but has now moved to the headlights not going onto full beam, however the blue full beam light on the dash is constantly on with the low beam indicator coming on when I turn to full beam on the stalk.

the headlights also flicker when reving the engine and braking. Any ideas what could be causing this?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Voltage reads 17v when running so lucky I've stopped driving it as soon as the problems occurred, guessing this means new alternator?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
okay retract my last comment the multimeter was faulty, the alternator charges at 14.6V this was read from the alternator its self. The car however keeps blowing main beam bulbs and the abs and stop light come on when reving it.. but only when the alternator is connected? when run just of the battery the car is as normal once new bulbs are put in. Any ideas?

renault clio 1.4 16v
whith these cars wiring systems its worth going through every plug, fuse and relay every now and a gain with a can o spray... i was blowing ecu fuses repeatedly not so long ago, went through almost every sensor, plug, fuse in the engine bay and under the dash... seems like it was a lose connection somethere... could be the same for you if you lucky... have u got a code reader? you could have it scanned and see if it shows any faults, might give u a good starting point on places to attack with a spray can.:p