ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights not working help

Renault Cio III 2007
Hi all I am new to this forum and I need some help ASAP.

I have a Renault Clio III 2007 (56 plate) 1.2 and the problem I have is.

I was driving one day and at around 7,8pm the dipped beam was on when I parked the car I didn't realise the headlights never turned off (even after I turned the stalk to off) the next day I found the car without battery I got the battery recharged and the headlights where on (without turning them on from the stalk) and they would not turn off even from the stalk so to prevent the battery dying again I unplugged both from underneath the hood (unplugged from the headlight)

The problem is that when I tried to turn the headlights on they don't turn on (they are now connected as normal) not even from the stalk.

I have checked the bulbs they both work, side lights, main beam and indicator work as normal.

I have checked the fuses from underneath the steering wheel and next to the battery but cant find the headlights fuses to see if that's the problem, anyone where they are located or what symbol they have?
I have tried the following as well;

1-Looked at all the fuses in underneath the steering wheel
2-looked at all the fuses located next to the battery
3-disconected the battery for at least 10 mins (disconnected the + wire only)
4-checked wires inside stalk and around steering wheel (didn't see anything loose)
5-checked all connections behind the glove box (didn't see anything loose)

any other tip would be berry helpful please.

I do not have auto lights

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

( I have attached a pic to show which headlight is not working)

Attachments

• Renault_Clio_197_left_hand_headlight_bulb_locations_large.jpg
    Renault_Clio_197_left_hand_headlight_bulb_locations_large.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 4,299