ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights wont turn off - Mk3

Clio 2.0 138hp
Ive read countless threads online about possible solutions to this but all of them seem to lead to the Mk2. I have a mk3 dci and the dipped beams stay on even when the switch is off and the ignition is off and key out. I stupidly spent the money for a new column switch only to realize i was wasting my time because the switch still works to turn on sidelights and everything else. Ive read that it will probably be the relay under the bonnet. Can someone who has had this issue please help. Im assuming its the same as the 197/200 seeing as they are very similar in that department. i cant drive the thing until ive sorted it so its a good job its christmas when im not at work. :(

Clio 2.0 138hp
Pull the relays one at a time.
When lights go out you know that’s the one.
Just swap it out. Simples.
Right, ive done that. Had to remove the entire fuse board to pull the relay out with a massive pair of pliers. I'm assuming i just buy another relay now and shove it in there and give it a good thump with a hammer until the whole board smashes to pieces. Then i just swear a few times before spunking 225 quid on a new fuse board thinking it was good money cus nobody else offers such good postage. Only to find out the seller is away until the 7th January with no option to cancel the order. All in all , a good christmas i would say :(
20181229_200652.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
In all seriousness does anybody have any idea about why this has happened. I'm worried that something might still be pulling some serious current even while the car is off. Why would something just burn out and melt plastic like that.
Will it not just happen again straight away with the new board or is it just a case of a bit of water ingress has caused a short which has melted the case.

Clio 182
It’ll have melted because the relay has failed and got very hot and took the board out with it.

Are you running standard bulbs or has it got any modifications like a HID conversion?

Clio 2.0 138hp
It’ll have melted because the relay has failed and got very hot and took the board out with it.

Are you running standard bulbs or has it got any modifications like a HID conversion?
When i pulled the relay out the whole thing shattered and was rusted really badly inside which i'm assuming is the cause of the problem.
Its got factory fitted projectors with some Philips upgrade bulbs but nothing major. Right pain in the backside to be honest. Gotta love Renault electronics