ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlights

E87 118i
whats the best way to "refurb" headlamps, mine are quite rough in parts...I assume from just driving and sand a things hitting them...in fact almost like parts are "sand blased"...

can you actually poish the plastic to get it soomth and shiny ? if so is a machine job or possible by hand ? I'm almos thinking a clay bat is what it nees but would appreciate your guy's advice before I butcher anything.

ta.

106 GTi
Clay bar wont polish them or do anything other than remove bonded on contaminents. By hand - You can polish them as you would the paintwork, using either the same products as you would on your paint or a dedicated plastic polish.

If they are really pitted it is also possible to wet sand and polish up the plastic by machine, but you would be a braver man than me to try that!