ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit advice

Clio 1.9 DTi Si
i needs ome advice in how to wire an aftermarket headunit into my 2000 ph1 mk2 clio si, because when I put the aftermarket headunit in, the power given was not right, the radio turned on when you turned the car off and turned off when the car was turned on, it also wouldnt store any radio presets?, I tried various headunits I had in the garage and all did the same!, anybody shed any light as it is driving me mental!? :S

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You probably have the incorrect wiring adapter for the car, what head unit is it? This can be and I say can be, the red and yellow wire the wrong way around, VX's do this all the time, just swapping them over in the adapter plug solves this memory issue, reason being they have the constant and battery back up the wrong way around. but I say sometimes, not heard of this on a renaught.

You probably have the incorrect wiring adapter for the car, what head unit is it? This can be and I say can be, the red and yellow wire the wrong way around, VX's do this all the time, just swapping them over in the adapter plug solves this memory issue, reason being they have the constant and battery back up the wrong way around. but I say sometimes, not heard of this on a renaught.

Most likely be this. Battery/ignition feed on Harness could've already been swapped round so may need swapping back.