ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit for £250

Skoda Fabia vRS

i want a good head unit for about £250, i cant stretch to £300

it doesnt need MP3 an loads of fancy features but must have at least 2 pre outs, not be green, and would prefer black over silver, and must be 50Wx4 minimum

ive been thinkin of gettin an Alpine or Kenwood.......what would everyone suggest

dont like the look of the Sonys

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

I got a brand spanking new CDA-9812RB, silver face. Totally unused. Its actually waiting to go in my new car, but its been delayed and i actually really want the black one to go with my dash colour. As i said before ive taken it out once and thats it!! PM me if ur interested

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

personally, i would go for the http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2047Clarion DXZ838RMP

has sooo many features

has every thing u wanted, has 3 preouts 4v each.

has 4x53w

has aux in (good for screens etc)

has 700 and some odd diff colour screen, has dot matrix, so u get some of the cool graphics, its as good as if not better than the alpine, i have alpine my self and it is very nice, but has a very harsh sound.

its a black ali face.

and is like 230 quid, i would choose that ne day, have seen it in a sound off car and the bloke was soo impressed with it, and he loved the sound, he had alpine before also.

oh looks like this :

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/shop/images/b_dxz838rmp.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

oh if u really want the alpine u can get a rr version which is black and glows orange or green.

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont like the look of that mate tbh

oh an Gengar i have also now found the black/red one an i think i want that !

Skoda Fabia vRS

hmmmm actually Malice that Clarion has grown on me, wish it was 4x60W though....hmmmmm

actually that 53W is probably perfectly fine for what i want

well lets be honest, you would be better getting a head unit without an internal amplifier... but they cost a bomb.

thats 53 watts MAX, you will probably only be getting 35 watts RMS, & I wouldnt even buy a head unit coz of how many watts the amplifier is churning out coz its much better to just buy an amp to make the speakers active coz they will go much louder & will be even crisper!

Even the alpine internal amps arent amazing.... for example, my mate has got a set of focal polyglass 2 way componants off a alpine HU (7894 mp3 model), distorted at level 24 on the head unit, ran comfortably on 23. Stuck in my genesis profile 2 amp to run the front speakers, now runs at 35(max level) with no distortion at all. ALOT louder & clearer. & now he has seen the light & will never run a set of speakers off the HU again!

just my 2 pence mate! good luck in choosing tho.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i agree with ya mate, ampn all the speakers is definitely the way to go, however id like summat as powerful as possible until i can do that, an know the head unit is supplyin a decent amount itself

Elise/VX220/R26

I would go alpine if I were you. Ive got a pioneer mp3 one mainly down to buget, its actually a really nice player and sounds well.

whats the difference between the RR & RB models anyhow? just the design/colours?

Go for alpine mate! Quality is amazing, very powerful preouts to really get the best out of your amps when you do get them, and plus 60w per channel x 4 channels to do somet for ur speakers in the meantime! still more than the clarion, and £240 for the 9812RB & RR is an amazing price!!!!! the 9812 is the new alpine model of the 7894 which was going for £300 less than a month ago so it is a bargin!!!! the 9812RB retails for around £500 in shops.....

you can get the remote interface for it.... but not the display, but you dont really need the display do ya....? If you wanna know what radio station your on look at the Head unit...