ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit recommendations for Mk2 Clio

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Morning all,

Looking to buy a new head unit for my Clio, have a budget of ~£160 and it needs to have some form of iPod connectivity and compatability with the stalk controll. (If anyone could also link me to a stalk adapter that works you get bonus points and a cookie!)

Any help would be very much appriciated as I'm struggling to work out which one I want!

Just as a side note would prefer to stick to the more "well known" brands, Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood etc.

Cheers!

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Morning all,

Looking to buy a new head unit for my Clio, have a budget of ~£160 and it needs to have some form of iPod connectivity and compatability with the stalk controll. (If anyone could also link me to a stalk adapter that works you get bonus points and a cookie!)

Any help would be very much appriciated as I'm struggling to work out which one I want!

Just as a side note would prefer to stick to the more "well known" brands, Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood etc.

Cheers!

i have had a kenwood kdc-6047u for about 1.5 years and its been amazing, had everything connected to it, has steering wheel controls made by a company called connect 2, has full ipod intergration and has full 3 rca outputs plus the ability to switch the internal amp off which is amazing if you love quality.

my current setup is
diamond audio d6 600.4
focal 130 a1 amped with tweeters in dash
jl 12w1v2 great sub with 600w at 2 ohms
and door speakers have 150w at 4 ohms its more then enough and sounds amazing the amp and sub are hidden in the spare wheel well in the boot. so not space wasted. great setup and the kenwood has done well for me so heres the links
they don't make my headunit anymore under the same name but this is the same
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdc6051u.html
and the steering controls you need to parts
1) the bit that connects to the car
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-...laguna-19.html
2) and the headunit connector
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/conn...d-adaptor.html
the 2 bits then connect together

so thats everything and the total cost is around 160 if you get the free postage being a member on clio sport

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Alpine 9880r

full ipod/iphone control once you buy the lead (422i iirc)

3 pre outs.

flip down face for access to cd slot.

sure they are round about the 150 quid mark just now for a new one

Clio 172
Have a chat with MT Audio in the traders section, just bought a setup pretty much identical to what you're looking. Should be within your budget as well.

Listerine & Poledo
Infrared remote control headunit.

#baller

(for the 80's)

EDIT: Sorry OP, destroying your thread here.

The Alpine head units will do you fine, you may struggle to patch them into the dashtop display if you have it, but stalk controls will be simple enough.

As mentioned above, message MT Audio, they may be able to sort you out a deal.

Clio 182
Becker Grand Prix 7990 if you can get your hands on one, not sure what they are fetching these days though!

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Thanks a lot for the advice, however I've managed to acquire some more money (yay for pay-rise!) So I've decided to up my budget :)

The Alpine IDA-X305s look's like a clear winner to me but does anyone have any experience / reviews for it?

Listerine & Poledo
If you don't ever want an option of using a CD, then they're alright.

A bit too flashy for my own taste but if it's for the "Blackout" facility, it can turn off the lights and display when you're not using the buttons so that makes it a non-problem

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Some of the newer alpine stuff isnt as good as it should be. Need to spend a bit more to get one as good as the older stuff

Clio 197
Take a look on Dynamic Sounds. I bought mine from there. Was more towards £200 including the stalk adaptor but it was worth it. I got a Pioneer DEH 6100 BT. Got handsfree, aux for i-pod etc. USB connector too. I'm really pleased with it. There'll be a cheaper one with a few less features though. I found the staff helpful when I phoned and they explained about how to take the dash off etc.