ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit Help (Ipod glove box)

Bus w**ker
Yes, just drill it. Best to remove the dash so you don't go through anything behind it and use a cone drill bit, but if you are careful you could do it in situ.

The hole you make only needs to be big enough to take the iPod cables plug that goes in the back of the head unit. About 1cm², so you can usually hide it behind the glove box light or do it in the drop of the glove box so it's not as unsightly for future sale.

W

Willy

awesome :)

another quickie. if i use a USB drive, is there anyway to organise and select certain albums (folders) or tracks? as i know on the ipod you would just simple scroll to what you want.

clio rs
i tried the glove box - this is the best way

Yes, just drill it. Best to remove the dash so you don't go through anything behind it and use a cone drill bit, but if you are careful you could do it in situ.

The hole you make only needs to be big enough to take the iPod cables plug that goes in the back of the head unit. About 1cm², so you can usually hide it behind the glove box light or do it in the drop of the glove box so it's not as unsightly for future sale.

Last edited:
W

Willy

ta for message maz. looks like an easier option. what did you do, just pull the wire through? :clown:

clio rs
yeah just pull it through - no mess nothing - its easy when driving u dont have to reach the glove box - also from outside u cant even notice the wire cos of the standard tint - so it wont get broken into - its all good, i wont have mine any other way - and the ipod can sit nice in the cup holders

why is anyone drilling holes?

Look in the glove box... There should be a 'square hole' where the locking catch fits in, when closed.

If you thread a bit of string through this hole down to the passenger footwell.
Then tie it round the Ipod connection.
Drag the ipod connection through the hole.

Problem solved?

A ANIMAL
awesome :)

another quickie. if i use a USB drive, is there anyway to organise and select certain albums (folders) or tracks? as i know on the ipod you would just simple scroll to what you want.

I have a hard drive under my drivers seat running through the HU. no wires a visable and the HU does the rest. Best way IMO

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
why is anyone drilling holes?

Look in the glove box... There should be a 'square hole' where the locking catch fits in, when closed.

If you thread a bit of string through this hole down to the passenger footwell.
Then tie it round the Ipod connection.
Drag the ipod connection through the hole.

Problem solved?

That's pretty much what I did, except I threaded the lead through from behind the H/U.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
That's pretty much what I did, except I threaded the lead through from behind the H/U.
I did that too for my x001 and just cut a little hole in the flap to feed the lead into the glove box. anyone who tell takes the dash off or drills needs to cut down on weed.