ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heat sheild for simota

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Nothing special really. Was bored at work today and was looking at how the simota sucks hot air from the top rad hose and how the rad fan blows hot air straight into the cone.
So gota heatsheild off a mondeo i scrapped and cut and bent into shape to block all hot air into the filter. Just need to route a CAF from the lower grill up to the filter. a few pics:
Image1227.jpg

Image1229.jpg

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
no not atall. its only blocking the top rad hose which is right below the intake of the filter and a tiny corner of the fan and top left of the rad. nothing major.

Black Gold Trophy
not at all, but personally I would have just stuck with a standard airbox then you wouldnt have to worry about this!

not at all, but personally I would have just stuck with a standard airbox then you wouldnt have to worry about this!

agreed, seems to completely block the direct flow of air (even if hot :S) which is what the intake is designed to do - funnel like action.

Too make things worse behind that heat shield will be turbulent and low pressure due to the cars movement froward; hence a vacum sort of effect will be generated reducing intake even more so. Things might be less dire with a CAF but then you might have well have used the standard box lol.

Waste of money tbh.