ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heated seats

E90 320d
I thought you could just slip the pads in from the back :( Its more to stop the other half from moaning! She got in a car with heated seats and wont shut up about the things! Plus on a cold winters morning I would benifit from them.

I think I may have to bite the bullet and go for it

Octavia VRS LE
You may be able to just 'shove' them in, but then you have to think about wiring, switches? safety devices if the overheat.... i may just be too paranoid but id be pretty sure thy could over heat...

E90 320d
Just realised they are sticky back so would be quite fiddly. Wiring them its just posative and negative, wiring has the relays, fuses and switches on already. Most of them advertise an overheat protection seems this one doesnt though

Wiring in would be pretty simple I would have thought. Actually getting them in the seat where you can feel the heat would be the difficult bit.

Get some though and let us know how you get on, would be good to have them in time fot next winter.

E90 320d
Yeah I think I will go for it. Plus when selling the car will be a little extra no one else has.

Will get some pictures of progress. Will be nearer to summer when I do it as too cold for me to work on a car lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
A fair few guys on the Mercedes forum retrofit them, luckily mine came with them fitted.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Removing the seat cover not 100% is actually easy, and getting them back on too. The problems start when you take the RIGHT off, which you wouldn't need to.

Give it a go I say, but buy a decent kit.

Install the switches where the cup holders are or something.

E90 320d
A fair few guys on the Mercedes forum retrofit them, luckily mine came with them fitted.

Any idea where they get the kits from?

Removing the seat cover not 100% is actually easy, and getting them back on too. The problems start when you take the RIGHT off, which you wouldn't need to.

Give it a go I say, but buy a decent kit.

Install the switches where the cup holders are or something.

Cup holders would always turn on through. I was thinking maybe near the gearstick

Clio 172
Will the standard seat foam like being heated? I can imagine the material would have been sourced to a spec which didn't include being heated, plus I can see a lot of heat being directed back into the seat.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Heated seats were an option, why not figure out how renault were going to do it and do it that way

There is a fuse for it
6880929853_6998f35f54.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 14.06.36 by sbridgey, on Flickr

And the buttons were going to be put on the sides of the seat

6880926787_701e91d471_z.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 14.05.32 by sbridgey, on Flickr

The images were taken from the renault online manual so apologies for the quality of that picture.

E90 320d
Problem with going for an OEM install would be that the cars computers wouldnt be albe to tell it what to do. I may go down the scrap yard and get the switches off a renault though so I can put the buttons on the side of the seats