ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater not working!

2001 1.2 Clio
For a few months my heater in my 2001 Clio has been intermittent but a few weeks ago it had completely stopped working lights come on as they should but no heat whatsoever on any speed.
Fuse is fine,
could it maybe be the relay that needs replaced and if so which relay in the fusebox is it as i have no diagram of what is what. I wasnt sure as it was intermittent before before it died ?
I dont suppose an extremely blocked up polin filter would stop it working all together ?

any help is appreciated.

2001 1.2 Clio
thanks for the reply. No sound at all coming from it, it was intermittent at best the past 3 or 4 months but now its completely dead...i removed the motor and tested it with no luck, seen a reasonably priced replacement on ebay. Should i give that a bash first since it was dead even when i removed and tested with nothing happening ? Replacing the matrix requires removing the dash does it not ?

2001 1.2 Clio
Okay I'm starting to think it may be some thing else either that or I didn't test it correctly but I was cleaning the car and thought ill try and turn the heaters on and they came on great, better than ever since I've owned the car so I turned the engine off and turned it back on again and it was like it was trying u could hear it attempting to kick in but then nothing it's dead again...that happiness lasted all of 5 min's lol