ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Problem - 172 Cup

Phase 2 172 Cup
was driving home last night (70 miles) and noticed there was no heat coming from the heaters

turned the air con on, and it got colder!!

fans come on full power, and air con will work

but i cant get any heat

temperature gauge is showing the engine is up to running temperature properly

Chris

LY 182
to be honest, although its a possibility ive never ever seen a blocked heater matrix before on any modern car.. its always down to something else.

possibly linkage popped off, or theres a flap inside the heaterbox thats known for failing it directs air over the matrix

dash out to do it though

Phase 2 172 Cup
anything i can take a look at easily?

seems theres no heat coming from it, and there is little cold air today, but colder than when its on full heat

any suggestions??

Phase 2 172 Cup
just home again

cold air during the whole drive, but when i got home, turned the engine off but kept the electrics on, and i got hot air through it then

its coming on full power, just its freezing, even without air con being turned on

LY 182
ah, so it works after being stationary a while?
is this the case with it running too. ie after sitting with it running/revving a little while

if so it sounds like a thermostat stuck open and overcooling the engine

Phase 2 172 Cup
the temperature gauge has been perfect the whole time though

drove home there and it all worked fine, but very little cold ait when i turned the air con on

going to get the pipes tested and gas checked tomorrow and see