ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater temp

valver
hi all, bit of a prob with the heatin. when i start the car up, in the morn, temp gauge obviously reads cold, if left to tick over for abit, it will gradually raise, and ill get a warmish air coming out. then when i start to drive the gauge will then plummet to cold, thus leavin me with cold air comin out. then after a drive, say good 20 min, ill park the fukr up with the temp gauge readin cold, come back to it 5-10 mins later, and the guage will have risen to a normal operating temp, givin me toasty air, ha then will start off on another epic 15-20 min journey, and it will go bk to cold again??? whats up with it? any help would be muchos appreciated!
oh yeah its a valver!
cheers ben.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
1 - check for an air lock ( bleed the system if need be ) then refill using the bleed screws to release locked air. As you do this lift the header tank as high as you can above the engine.

2 - check you radiator. Renault radiators are renowned for collecting s**t in the bottom and blocking 50% of your rad core thus causing problems ( anyone that has owned a Renault 5 GT Turbo will know what im on about )

3 - cold air coming through your vents when the car is warm is usually down to a faulty / blocked heater matrix.

4 - head gasket has gone

In my opinion i think its an airlock mate are the head gasket

valver
ok, ill have a look this weekend. iv just replaced the hg. and flushed the system. but still noticed a bit of oil in the coolant. so im guessin the rad??? do you no if there's anythin i cant put into it to break it down? tried some stuff from halfs but was only a tiny bottle, was guna buy a load and fill the whole thing up with it for a few days? just wondered if theres a pokier solution available? cheers anyways
also, it had a new matrix fitted about a year and a half ago before i got it? would it go that quick? and is there only the one bleed valve at the top of the rad?