ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heather Blowers

Got an issue with the blowers, a couple of weeks ago they stopped working (no air blowing through). Anyway I found a blown fuse, replaced it and everything was fine until today. Started the car and noticed they weren't working again and found another blown fuse, replaced the fuse and it blew instantly. After faffing around I've found I can use the blowers up to No 3 on the setting but as soon as I turn it up to 4 the fuse blows.

I was thinking it may be down to the resistor pack but any advise would be much appreciated.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Does sound like a possible resistor fault. Is this on a 172 phase 1/2? If so I'd lift the OS plastic on the bottom of the screen, and take a look at the plug on the heater box, if its anything like the meganes and scenics, you can tell straight away if theres a problem, as the plug looks as if its starting to melt inside the connector. Hope this helps (Y)

Right, I've checked around the resistor and the plug that plugs in to it. Nothing looked a miss other than resistor looking a little corroded.

Something I didn't mention was I've recently removed my aircon but I've not removed the the parts of the aircon set up that lye under the scuttle panel. Could this cause the issue I'm having?

Clio 172 Phase 2
Right, I've checked around the resistor and the plug that plugs in to it. Nothing looked a miss other than resistor looking a little corroded.

Something I didn't mention was I've recently removed my aircon but I've not removed the the parts of the aircon set up that lye under the scuttle panel. Could this cause the issue I'm having?

Might be worth trying to clean the resistor up a bit on the pins if it's not melted. When you say removed the air con, how much have you taken off? I assume you've had the gas removed, or its escaped etc? Not sure if the blowers are controlled by the pressure, I doubt it, but possible. Have you had to remove any sensor plugs from the A/C system?

the small air con rad under the scuttle panel is still there and the recirculation flap. What I was thinking was due to the recirculation flap still being there (has an electrical supply) and now being redundant it's may be causing fuses to blow.
I'm in the process of removing it all now just to see if it cures the problem