ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from a new 172 owner

Clio 172 mk2
Hello all

I've just dicovered this site today.....looks really good and is just what I'm after for tech advice etc.

I brought my 2002 172 a couple of months ago with 13500 on the clock....have fitted K-tec Stealth and Green panel filter which has sharpened up the throttle response slightly and am really enjoying it.

I previouslly owned an Import WRX Impreza (260bhp) which was blisteringly quick but was seriously lacking in steering feel and TBH was becoming a bit of a chav magnet!......Oh and how could I forget....drank petrol like nothing else!!!!!!

Anyway....I am really into the technical (engine) side of cars in general and so am looking forward to hearing what people are doing with their cars on here to get some ideas.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hello, if u were to to the next engine mod then i would get ur inlet ported by benr, its been proven 13bhp on avg cars with ok inlets

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for the replies

Doing the pads next week then I'm going to go for the sports cat next then some kind of re-map to get the most from the modifications.

Exterior is going to stay 100% standard

Still a fun car in standard form...I don't want to go too mad with it as at the end of the day if I want another turbo car with 300bhp I might as well go and buy an evo!

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks....I'll drop him a PM to see what the deal is.

Like I said, I'm happy to up the power slightly but am not into going down the turbo/throttle body route....inlet sounds a simple way of getting some more power.

Still learning more about the Renult powerplant....more used to the EJ20 flat four in the Subaru!

Clio 172 mk2
Been looking for a Clio-specific forum for a while so glad to be signed up...seems to be lots of people with more Renault experience than myself which is always good!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Neil G said:
Thanks for the replies

Doing the pads next week then I'm going to go for the sports cat next then some kind of re-map to get the most from the modifications.

Exterior is going to stay 100% standard

Still a fun car in standard form...I don't want to go too mad with it as at the end of the day if I want another turbo car with 300bhp I might as well go and buy an evo!

DS2500 pads and silkolene pro race 2000 fluid and hoses - discs std are fine drilled and grooves give no advantage.

Pads 85 from tweeks with CS discount
Disc (brembo hi - carb) 65 from GFS
Fluid 17 from tweeks for 500ml
lines 55 from tweeks

Always bleed your brake so there is fresh flui in the caliper and no air in the system. This will give you all the braking you need for the road and costs next to nothing.

Clio 172 mk2
I paid 7500 for my 172 Cupcake

Full history and 13500 on the clock so I reckon it was an okay deal.

Brought it privately and the couple who were selling it were very genuine so I had no doubts about the condition etc of the car.

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for the brake advice Evogone...do agree with you on the discs as I had drilled/slotted ones on two of my previous cars and didn't notice a great deal of difference.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
youve just made me very happy recently bought my 02 plate 172 for 5300 with 28800 miles on clock looks like i got a bargin

Clio 172 mk2
Glad I've made someone happy

I was completely happy paying the money I did for the car as I knew it hadn't been abused and the milage was so good...I've only ever had cars 60k and over so to me it's practically brand new.

Now the problem is trying to leave it alone and not go too mad with all the 'modding' bulls**t......it's very addictive and ends up costing lots of money and can de-value the car!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have got a bit of an advantage i work in the motor trade so i can pick things up a lot cheaper