ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Devon

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Hi people, thought I would make an introduction post... Have had a few performance french cars in the past (Clio 172, saxo vtr, 106 xsi track car to name a few), as well as numerous other cars but have recently returned to the world of french car ownership after needing a fun, cheap second car. I work for Renault and have always liked the Twingo RS133 since they came out, managed to pick this one up for a decent price and so far really enjoying it. Takes me back to the older days of hot hatches that needed to really be driven to get the most out of them.

Anyway, I know a few people on here but for the rest of you, hello :smile:

carwash4_zpsng1nah4r.jpg

twingocarwash_zpscqsvuzmb.jpg

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Welcome to the club mate. Never driven a Twingo 133, how are you finding it?

Thanks, it's really good fun to be honest. Locally there are lots of country lanes, b-roads etc and the Twingo really does excel on them, very agile and keep the engine in the power band and use the revs and you've got quite a potent little car. It'll never set the world on fire, and as I say you have to keep the revs up but the 1.6 16v VVT engine certainly isn't slow and it's geared nicely too so you gain lower down in the rev range but it can rev out at top end (130mph) but that's not what it's all about... :smile: You can carry so much momentum into corners that you can quite easily keep up with far more exotic cars with much more power in the right circumstances.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Indeed! I couldn't possibly list every car though, I'd crash the forum [emoji85][emoji23] I do as it happens... However not in the selling/shop side [emoji20]