ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello, new owner 52 reg clio 172 cup.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Just thought I,d say hello and get my first post out of the way.
Bought a 52 reg 172 cup a couple of days ago. A friend owns one and we,re quite into our track days, and my Almera gti just cant cut it anymore so picked up the Clio as a daily drive/track tool. Has a couple of little issues which I,m using the sites search engine to hopefully cure for me ... electric window problem, either switches or regulator I,m guessing , and a little bit of tidying/personalising to do . Will probably become a full member asap as I was on the Almera owners club and it really was a godsend so I,m hoping this forum will be the same for the Clio.

Nimbus Clio 197
It is mate, great source of information, especially when you become a full member. And you get some neat goodies as well!

Good choice with the Cup then, sounds like it should be great for what you're looking for. Welcome!

Renault Clio 172 cup
Thanks for the immediate welcomes, have just become a full member , so hope to really make good use of all the free info. Just going to dive into the classifieds now and see what bolt on goodies I dont really need but will want anyway.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate! You'll not go wrong for help on here, I've learned so much about fixing them since I joined!

RE: the window mech, its usually a white bit of plastic that fails inside the door (they're famous for them) that breaks causing havoc with the wires that tend to raising/lowering the window. New ones can be sourced from various dealers on here for circa £25-£30. Fairly common!