ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello Newbie with RS 200

MCS 2003
Hi I'm a newbie

Just bought a RS200 2010 in black basic version (non cup) which is fantastic - only had it a few days
KingstonuponThames-20130921-00038.jpg

Done nothing to it so far although I usually get bored and start modding fairly soon

Had many cars in the past from Ford Puma to CLK55 AMG - Twin Turbo Soarer to MTM TT - the list goes on!

Kindest

John

MCS 2003
That sounds like quite a collection you've had! How are you finding the 200?

yes indeed I've had a few cars over the years - the 200 is fantastic - nice power band and excellent handling - my one needs the alignment done as it pull to the left a bit and one fairly scratched rim other than that and a good valet required its pretty perfect - 56k seems a little high but I don't do much nowadays 5k a year

kindest

john

MCS 2003
Thanks again for the welcome - got the alignment sorted at Merityre in Sunbury - 10 minutes in and out and all done - both fronts slightly pointing right. Now thought about the spare or lack of. So the car should have a jack and a tyre inflator kit and I've got neither - 5 minutes on fleabay and both sorted for £40. Passenger door handle sticking so greased that now all ok. Local body shop Autobody Isleworth can do the scratched rim for £50 - now all I have to do is clean it properly - off to Bologna for a trade fair (great pasta but trust me this is boring!) so that will have to wait.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome!

You say that it's a non-Cup basic version...I think it's actually the complete opposite.

Painted sidestrips suggest it's the 'Lux' model which comes with climate control, keyless entry, soft-touch dashboard, better audio et al...and from the anthracite wheels and red calipers it's fitted with the Cup suspension option.

So instead of a basic, non-Cup, you have a Cupped Full Fat.

Nice regardless. Makes me miss the black 200 I had.

MCS 2003
Welcome!

You say that it's a non-Cup basic version...I think it's actually the complete opposite.

Painted sidestrips suggest it's the 'Lux' model which comes with climate control, keyless entry, soft-touch dashboard, better audio et al...and from the anthracite wheels and red calipers it's fitted with the Cup suspension option.

So instead of a basic, non-Cup, you have a Cupped Full Fat.

Nice regardless. Makes me miss the black 200 I had.

ah

that would explain a few things and as my Mrs said - a firm ride

it certainly has all the 'Lux' bits you describe

Sorry I am learning and great to be told I have a Cup

i thought they they always came with the Recaro seats - mine doesn't have them - though the standard ones are pretty good!!!!

thanks for the correction

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No bother at all.

Recaro seats were a very expensive and in my opinion wholly unnecessary option when new...especially when the standard seats are so good. Took mine on track many a time and never felt myself wanting more support from the standard chairs.

Firm ride? Yep! Get used to that!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its a 200 With cup pack.- there is no such thing as lux.

there's only X2 200 variants-
A 200 cup which is keys & black side strips, no fogs & A/C = low spec

& A 200 NON CUP
- ALL 200 the NON cups 200's have climate & keyless as standard-

You then add the options-
Cup pack chassis- ( anth wheels & red brembos )
Recaros etc-

So as above - its a 200 with cup pack.

Why Renault called it a cup pack is the biggest own goal ever-

S

MCS 2003
Its a 200 With cup pack.- there is no such thing as lux.

there's only X2 200 variants-
A 200 cup which is keys & black side strips, no fogs & A/C = low spec

& A 200 NON CUP
- ALL 200 the NON cups 200's have climate & keyless as standard-

You then add the options-
Cup pack chassis- ( anth wheels & red brembos )
Recaros etc-

So as above - its a 200 with cup pack.

Why Renault called it a cup pack is the biggest own goal ever-

S

Ah so its a normal 200 with a Cup pack - its certainly got the Lux bits and a very firm ride - I havent tried one with Recaros in but as I said the 'standard' seats are very comfortable and suportive even with my considerable bulk