ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello old friend.

172, Tiguan
I bought this car in September 2003 brand new.

152k later (and feeling slightly sorry for itself) it's back in the family. Big thats to Andyrg for all his help.

IMG_3793_zpsc93448f2.jpg

IMG_3792_zps2aa15013.jpg

My Dad is going to spend some time putting it back to standard and cleaning it up a bit and then do a few trackdays in it. I'm just glad we've saved it from a breaking car for sale thread, it was far too good for that! :approve:

172, Tiguan
I've already got a modified one, so we both agreed this would look better back on Turini's. There's not much wrong with it, it just needs a good tidy and a suspension/bush refresh. New brakes, headlight clean, that sort of thing.

172, Tiguan
Ah right, decent service history/belts or has that been neglected too?

Nope, thats all been done. We aren't doing it to make money off of it as it's done too many miles. It's more to just have a bit of fun with for a few years.

Trophy Turbo :)
Your face when I mentioned I had a silver cup I had purchased for the cams and then to break was such a photo when you asked what the reg was :)

Your very welcome, it's asked nice car for its milage. Been well looked after.

Have fun jons dad

Glad 2 see it back 2 a clio owner. suspension wise i put new rear shocks on in novem and fronts the september before it did need new rack bushes tho and brakes wise its got m1155 on. couldnt bring myself to spending 2k on a proper rebuild as the engine was quiye buggered with how much oil it was pumping in to the inlet and power drop.. need any info of anything im sire dan will help out with what he/we did to the car i.e maintenance.. not on here much since getting the mps ans yes the plate went to a fellow member and is now on hia blue cup.. 78k in 30ish months was good going in my eyes lol

Things wrong to my knowlege when sold 2 andy was, rack bushes,sticky rear caliper,goosed alt,rear exhaust mont,and obviously the engine been tired! did have a new valeo clutch last feb time when the ph1 box was fitted also has arp rod bolts in.. shame the pipers arnt in anymore as when it was still good it made 197bhp