ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - 182 blowers not working

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
car was fine yesterday but this morning the blowers have decided to die!!

control unit/console in the car turns on and everything works, just the blowers are dead.

whats the general advice and things to try before taking it to a garage?

cheers

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
checked the fuses and its not them

anyone got any clues what these fuses and relays are for?

20100624_002.jpg

Now Sold :-(
Think that there is some kind of resistor under the scuttle panel. Often fails due to water damage. There is a thread in the common faults/fixes section I think. Replacement part is around £35 from renault.

french bit of tat
Think that there is some kind of resistor under the scuttle panel. Often fails due to water damage. There is a thread in the common faults/fixes section I think. Replacement part is around £35 from renault.

i would bet my wang it is this, mine went a couple of months back, ordered one from clio spares and fixed in ten mins.lift the scuttle on the left and it is the big connector on the right.

you can bridge 2 terminals out and get it to work to prove it is this. cant remember which ones though. do a search.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok i replaced the transistor on the resistor pack and ive gone from dead blowers to a small amount of air coming out which is a start i suppose.

where is the fan located on the 182, i need to check its not stuck or blocked?

am i looking at the right place on the below pics?

if so how do i get access to it?

20100626_004.jpg

im assuming the filter ive taken out here is the pollen filter?

20100626_008.jpg

im assuming this is the fan?

how do i get full access to it?

20100626_007.jpg

clio
first u need to take the water catcher off where the white clip is at bottom of window driver side after thats off you can see 2 x 6mm bolts take them out and fan should just slide out and theres a black and red wires going in to it

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@andy_con . Did you sort your fan problem out, replace it?
I think my fans going titsup. It was making a bit of a rattling sound and I could smell a burning plastic smell.
Resistors fine as I have full control over the speed.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fans easy to replace
I haven't had chance to look today as it's not stopped pissing down.
I don't suppose you have the part number for a 182 with air con ? It seems there are quite a few different ones some for air con some for none air con.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I haven't had chance to look today as it's not stopped pissing down.
I don't suppose you have the part number for a 182 with air con ? It seems there are quite a few different ones some for air con some for none air con.
No sorry, I'm sure there is info on cs somewhere

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Old thread here but can anyone tell me / show me with pictures how to get the actual blower fan u it out?

I have no blowers working at all, replaces resistor (as i have in the past) and still not working the blowers this time. Although the new reaistor did make some sort of clicking noise happen. Maybe a duff resistor?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Old thread here but can anyone tell me / show me with pictures how to get the actual blower fan u it out?

I have no blowers working at all, replaces resistor (as i have in the past) and still not working the blowers this time. Although the new reaistor did make some sort of clicking noise happen. Maybe a duff resistor?
I did a half arsed explanation with pics when I changed my fan.
Post #6