ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP 182 doesn't start after belts fitted

Clio 182
Hi,

Any help would be much appreciated,

Firstly I have just replaced my dephasher pulley and timing belt etc, bulit it back togther and tried to start it and it would start just turns over but doesn't fire, I have used a the correct timing tools and rotated engine twice to make sure everything was in line which is was, so I'm wondering if anything obvious has been missed when putting it back together.

Secondly while cranking the engine over it seems the crankshaft pulley bolt has worked itself loose, I understand this isn't good but what are the chances I have bent some valves by just cranking the engine over without it firing into life.

Thanks

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if the crank pulleys worked loose hopefully its just dropped the timing and the cranks spinning and the belt isn't so engine with any luck will be okay

however, I would agree with the above and give Mick at Diamond a call and get towed to him