ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help and advice needed car wont start, tdc is not the problem

2002 clio 172
Ok here goes, i have had this wee clio just over a year and its been on the road 3 months of it....the car has had a replacement gearbox a new clutch full brake pad and disk change, all belts changed and service. Further to this new tdc sensor new ht leads and coil pack, before all this the car spluttered down the road and went into limp mode and refused to start since this is what prompted all the above work now since then the car refuses to start....until last night, the car now only starts with the manifold off and 1 spark plug removed and this was found out when i was checking each plug for spark. Has anybody came across anything like this before?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Get the faults read through CLiP.

I would guess at injectors or timing issues or wrong spark plugs.

If it's any of those, feel free to send me a Curly Wurly.

2002 clio 172
Im trying to install clip onto my laptop but its wont work its not installing all the drivers. Ive used delphi and there isnt anything coming up.

2002 clio 172
The engine sounded like a tractor and refused to rev above 2000 revs there was a strong petrol smell and the mpg was like 9 mpg........then justdied out about a 100m from my drive

2002 clio 172
Cheers evil giraffe il look more into ignition and firing order make sure i have it correct the plugs are getting spark injectors are all spraying and i have checked timing which seems spot on. How do you check injectors properly can it be done with a multimeter. If you can steer me to the fault youl have a pack of curlywurlys lol....

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers evil giraffe il look more into ignition and firing order make sure i have it correct the plugs are getting spark injectors are all spraying and i have checked timing which seems spot on. How do you check injectors properly can it be done with a multimeter. If you can steer me to the fault youl have a pack of curlywurlys lol....

Sorry I haven't a clue.

CLiP and someone who knows which end of the spanner is up... These will be more useful to you than me TBH.

Could also be coilpack.

330i. E30 Touring.
What are the symptoms?

When you crank it, does it fire and not start? Or does it not even crank?

Renault Clio RS 200
Could also be an immobiliser issue, does the immobiliser light go out when you turn the key? If not the vehicle could be immobilising itself not allowing you to start it? Just an idea

2002 clio 172
Immob light blinks as norm it goes solid for a frew seconds then goes out so it seems to be working fine james