ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

frozen white clio172
WELL I'M NOT REALLY HAVING THE BEST OF LUCK WITH MY NEW CAR, waiting at some traffic lights yesterday and went to pull off in first and nothin was like i was in neutral????? i'd just like abit of advice or opinions as to what may have gone. When car is idling if i put it in 5th the speedo goes upto 20mph and there is a slight change in engine tone? i'm thinking clutch has gone but could do with a definate as been priced 500+ for clutch change but if it is the clutch me and my dad are going to be doing it our selves.

Bux

Golf GTD
Sounds like a clutch problem to me, but im not a mechanic so don't go on what i say

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
It's hard to answer the question. There's a whole host of things it could possibly be. Mine displayed similar symptoms and it happened to be the gearbox, the linkage inside had snapped causing none of the selectors to be engaged inside. Does the gearstick feel soggy or do you get a definite feel that it's going in to gear?

frozen white clio172
I get a definite feel like its going into gear and there is the usual gear selecting noise thats why I think its the clutch

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You will need the "differential circlip" as posted above as yours will have snapped.

frozen white clio172
Right im not that mechanically minded is this circlip inside the gearbox I can change clutch and stuff but dont know what or where my problem lies someone care to elaborate :)

frozen white clio172
Right so thats the driveshaft entering the gearbox? How much are my looking at? And where other than renault can I get the part also what is the exact part called sorry for all the questions

Megane dci 130
Renault part only, about £5 for the clip and a little more for the spacer aswell (replace both). Prices might have changed though recently.

Its the nearside circlip and spacer that holds the nearside sun wheel in.

Im sure someone will come up with some pictures soon.

frozen white clio172
Renault part only, about £5 for the clip and a little more for the spacer aswell (replace both). Prices might have changed though recently.

Its the nearside circlip and spacer that holds the nearside sun wheel in.

Im sure someone will come up with some pictures soon.

can someone please send me the part number for this part please

Ring renault, give them your reg! They'll get you a price. For the spacer ul need to measure the thickness of it iirc.