ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP :-( AST coilies problem!

One of the height adjusting collars that you loosen and then spin to adjust the coilover ride height on the front shock has split :dapprove:

- I desperately need one asap so does anyone know if powerstation stock spare parts such as this one - if so I will pick one up tmrw morning first thing as they are open to 12.30.

Thanks all!!

182 Cup
Split? Aren't they metal? I haven't really looked at mine, but thought they were two parts held together with a couple of small bolts?

sort of - its a single piece collar which expands and tightens with a single bolt, it has split on the opposite side from the bolt and now its obviously unsafe to drive or even bare weight as it will open up under pressure and damage thread/collapse the shock.

Do you know if they stock parts matey?

tbh I have no idea, could be a combination of things but I was having problems with the hex nut that losens/tightens the collar as it had been overtightened and it rounded when trying to loosen it. Managed to loosen it eventually with an imperial hex key tapped in the bolt.

Then Started to raise the height and whilst rotating the collar I noticed the split. I cleaned the threads first to there was not much resistance, wheel off car in air etc so really really don't know, either way I need a new one!!